Go figure ? How does this work ?

Daisysp8

Ok .... so it`s been 2 weeks since my last weigh in .... and on my scales at home this morning i`m still 9st 6lbs (yay) .... But how can this be when i`ve been a terrible eater for the last 2 weeks, i hit target and just went mad ... no really, i`ve pigged chocolate, biscuits, Pizza hut, fish and chips (the naughty kind, not the SW kind) ..... but yet i`ve stayed the same weight ? ?

I`m not under any illusions, and know if i don`t rein myself in quick smart i will start gaining again. But can anyone answer why it`s happened ? ...... and does the body have a "delay" in weight gain ... eg, what i`ve eaten this last 2 weeks will bite me on the bum next week ? Or does the fat you eat go on to you and get stored straight away ?

Thankyou ... luff from a very, very, very naughty Daisy who needs to seriously step away from the chocolate cupboard .. Oh forgot to say i had a Terrys Chocolate Orange yesterday too :eek: ... See .... ? ? ? Gawd i need help !!

Lol! Terry's Chocolate orange is my downfall hun! To be honest with you, I don't know whether pigging out catches up with you a couple of weeks later or not. It may be that you don't gain anything, or you may put a bit of weight on this week. Hopefully someone will have an answer!

I do know, however, that I had a couple of weeks almost completely off plan a couple of weeks ago (trying to maintain so that my Xmas party dress didn't fall off!). I still lost weight those two weeks, but the following week I put on 4lb!! :eek: By getting back on plan I lost it the following week, and some of it may have been duw to * week, but I'm going to be very wary of going that much off plan again! :)

Fingers crossed hun! xxx

ooo, I have no idea but I suspect that if you were going to put on you would of by now. I think our bodies deal with things very differently though.

But you are right in saying if you don't stop you will start gaining.
So stop being a naughty Daisy now and be good when you can lol!:D

My C said that it's a myth that it 'catches' up with you, she says it takes 48 hours for food to be fully digested and either leave our system or be stored. Dunno the truth in thst but i like it!

Re the 48 hour thing, if I am bad I usually see a change 2-3 days later. I use my syns weekly though so my badness on the weekend balances out the rest of the week...usually!

The thing is there are so many other variables that can make you weigh more or less at any given time, other than whether you've been on plan or not, the scales can sometimes trick us.

Daisy,

Fantastic work re losing the weight you have :)

I guess the point here is this...Eating as you have been doing these past two weeks is what got you to 153lbs in the first place...And I doubt you put it all on in a few weeks, or even months.

I used to be a driving instructor and I used to say to my pupils that they don't really learn to drive until after they've passed their test. I liken it to getting to goal - once you get to goal is when you really learn about eating properly.

Back