Go it alone or meetings

mommyB

love it
I'm considering stopping going to my ww meetings as i'm not so sure i'm getting much out of it anymore, I have been struggling for ages and am not sure that anything thats been said to me there has helped anymore than comming on here daily ( think mins has actually been more helpful-thanks all!!). I used to be an online member and did ok wih that.
so i was thinking i have all the info, books etc, i can buy the magazine and can keep up to date via thta, the ww website and of course here. and i have mins for support. so i could just do it at home myself just as well

Was just wondering how many of you go to class and how many do it alone, and the pro's and cons of either

I go alone but sometimes wish I had done classes. Saying that I think going alone can be done if you have the willpower but you have to be very disciplined. Mini's was a big help for me - it was all the support I needed.

Only you know if you can do it alone - but remember...you will never been alone. We are all here for you and will give you a kick up the bum any time you need one :D

thing is at the moment i spend all week stressing about what's gonna happen on weds morning that if i really think about it i dont feel like i'm doing it for me, some times i dont even sleep well on tues nights which is stupid. think it would take a bit of pressure off me, i can always go back if it doesnt work cant i?!

Could you try another meeting with a different leader?

But yes, you could do it at home by yourself. I'm using WW online and getting on okay with that, but I never bother with the WW boards, so really I am on my own. I never liked the idea of going to classes *shudder*

i go it alone - i have done both.. and i can honestly say that its mostly to do with what suits you best - my first WW "session" was at class - my leader was great and i did really well - but i was in the right frame of mind.. when i moved, i moved class and my new leader was far from inspiring and thats where i lost it and ended up back at square 1!

Now i go it alone, but am considering trying to find a class should i struggle any more (been a good few weeks since I made any REAL progress) because even though i have the support i need on here, i dont have the discipline of class - and class did frighten me into being good for the scales!

I did it alone for about 18 months no problem :) I only started classes when my weight loss slowed down and I felt Id benefit from a 'professional' helping me. Saying that Ive been lucky I have a brilliant class leader.

If you have the willpower to stick to it and weigh yourself once a week go for it.

Im not sure how much you use WW online, but personally I found it a total waste of money.

i dont use ww online anymore, did it for a while before i joined a class and it was ok to gather info as i knew nothing at the time, dont pretend to know it all now but confident could do it.

My leader is really nice but we have had 4 over the last year, thought about another class but there dont seem to be many daytime ones which i prefer.

Am 95% certain am gonna try on my own for a bit, like has been said i can rejoin if need be. havent been for the last 2 weeks anyway and haven't struggled any more than i was in the previous few weeks when i had kept going

oh decisions decisions!!

Hiya jane,Its entirely up to you but i know that there is no way i could do it without my meetings!!:sigh:
I look forward to them every Tuesday(dont go out much you see)i know im sad eh!

But its true my leader is fantastic and ive met a lovely bunch of ladies+1 man :Dwho attend every week.

I hope you can make a decision,if my leader wasnt great i would probably go to a diff meeting..
Apart from that have you had a nice w/end?? :eek:
xx

My meetings are kind of my me time but i'm not feeling like i'm getting much out of it, plus the one girls i used to sit and chat with hasnt been for ages, some of the others are a bit 'clicky' if you know what i mean
had a lovely weekend thanks, mr B is on way home and its snowing again.
how about you

If you don't feel you get much out of the class and the thought of going is stressing you out, I would suggest going it alone, you can always rejoin if you feel that decision was a mistake!

I am always toing and froing from going it alone and going to classes, to be honest I like my leader but I don't feel I get much out of them at all, shes a lovely lady but theres no amazing motiviational speech each week. I am once again thinking of going it alone, I think the only reason I go really is to see my friend and to get some WW fruities and chocolate caramel whip bars!! But if I make that decision then regret it, I will just rejoin!

My meetings are kind of my me time but i'm not feeling like i'm getting much out of it, plus the one girls i used to sit and chat with hasnt been for ages, some of the others are a bit 'clicky' if you know what i mean
had a lovely weekend thanks, mr B is on way home and its snowing again.
how about you
LOL i know exactly what you mean!!!:airquote:
xx

Thanks everyone. lydia i work with someone who goes to a different meeting ( which i cant get to) and i know she will supply me with the bars and the fruities, tho to be honest these days i prefer to save some points for the real thing.

it is true that if i decide to go it alone then it wont mean a life ban from meetings will it, in fact part of me would get a big kick out've turning up having lost loads !!!

And that in itself is motivation!! :)

Yes i have made my mind up and said it out loud to the family-so it has to be true now- am going to stop going to meetings, at least for now. think it will do me good

lydia, the more i think about it the more i want to turn up at class looking much slimmer just to show them i can do, am just wondering if i have the gaul to rejoin for the last half stone so i can still get my gold key:D

hi jane, i am also doing it on my own, if you have the will power and keep in contact with everyone on the site you will be fine.

best of luck.
:):):)

Why not give it a try and see how you get on? The only thing I would suggest is to see if there's a pal you could get weighed with as posting your wi on here might not be quite as much of an incentive to stick with it?

I go it alone but was worried if I weighed at home i wouldnt record it all properly and maybe even cheat!

So what I am doing is going to Boots every saturday and paying 50p for there machine and then it prints out weight, height and BMI. Then I have a definate record
x

when I decided to go on ww I was unsure whether to go to the classes or not..my mum was willing to pay for me to go but I decided that as I am at home on my own and seriously determined I would go it alone...I told my mum that she could save the money and take em out shopping for my holiday as a reward for loosing the weight... :)

hey I think if u have the willpower go it alone (comming on here helps!) but if u cheat then go 2 class. but always remember ur only cheating and kidding ur self :)

Im going it alone (well not alone because the support here is fab :))..If I get to the point where I want to be "bad" I will get my bum down the meeting :D

Back