Goal setting with Slimming World

Slush Puppy

Is it lunch yet?
Hi Guys - I'm after some advice - I'm back on Slimming World (from home - I cannot commit to a weigh in with my ever-changing work patterns :( )

How long should we give ourselves to lose a certain amount of weight in a healthy way?

I've set a goal of 4 stone weight loss (eek!) and gave 18 months at a rate of 1.5 a - 2 lbs a week, but that seems an excessive amount of time. I don't want to try to speed lose as I know I plateau early when I do that, then it starts to creep back on.

Any thoughts?

SW say that 1-2lbs a week is a healthy speed at which to lose weight, so it sounds like you've set yourself a realistic timeline. And if you get there earlier that's just an added bonus :)

I agree, I think the timeline seems a sensible one. Please don't put pressure on yourself by setting any unrealistic goals. In fact, mini-goals are a useful tool if you feel the road ahead seems a long one. Just set a stone at a time instead, as your goal weight can be changed each time you reach it.

The other thing to note is everyone's weight loss varies. Some lose weight slowly, some rapidly and the rest of us are somewhere in the middle.

Good luck on your journey, just stick to the plan and you won't go wrong :)

SW say that 1-2lbs a week is a healthy speed at which to lose weight, so it sounds like you've set yourself a realistic timeline. And if you get there earlier that's just an added bonus :)

I agree, I think the timeline seems a sensible one. Please don't put pressure on yourself by setting any unrealistic goals. In fact, mini-goals are a useful tool if you feel the road ahead seems a long one. Just set a stone at a time instead, as your goal weight can be changed each time you reach it.

The other thing to note is everyone's weight loss varies. Some lose weight slowly, some rapidly and the rest of us are somewhere in the middle.

Good luck on your journey, just stick to the plan and you won't go wrong :)
Thank you both - I hadn't even THOUGHT about mini goals! Thanks JVB :) OK, so with luck, I should be 4 stone lighter in 18 months :eek:
It's feeling like tough going so far, hoping it gets easier - I think the mini goals will really help with that :D

No worries! :D

I do it myself. Keep all your focus on the next stone down and don't even think about the one below it until you reach the first goal.

Good luck x :)

Back