Gobolinos WW diary :)

I have just checked through my newly arrived "Shop" book and the only fruits that have points are avacado, durian and dates.

Thanks! Excellent stuff - did you get a starter pack ? I'm eyeing one up if I manage to get to a class on sat am :)

Yeah, got the deluxe starter pack. I was hoping it would give me a bit more info on simply filling and how to calculate whether items classify as simply filling such as different types of rice, some cooked ham does and some doesn't etc so was a little disappointed about that but it does seem so much easier to point the "extras" now. And the calculator is really useful. So frustrating that SW never managed to produce something like that. It would have been great.

Did you end up going to group? I would be interesting to hear how much info and support was available for the simply filling side of the plan. I really feel that I need something to keep me on the straight and narrow at the moment.

Alot of ppl that have asked about sf at meetings have been told not to try it, I don't think they support simply filling much, but we know it works!

Hello - I'm back, I went to the meeting this morning ;) I'm so glad I did!

I managed to get free membership and free first meeting, so far so good. I wanted this in order to spend on a delux pack and pedometer :) I knew the prices of these by post and thought so long as it worked out cheaper by turning up in person then I'd be happy, go home and have a go all by myself.

Well, this is what happened......... I weighed, the ww leader spoke to me about what I wanted to get out of the class etc, I went along with this. Headed to the shop and managed to buy a delux pack for 14.95, this had some vouchers in which had £2 off the pedometer, which made that 14.95. So all in all I was very pleased. The leader was very nice, I sat next to a really friendly lady, the group was busy but had loads of helpers and 3 weigh in stations, then I found my neighbour was sat behind me :) All in all, I dedided I'm going to give the ww group a go !!!!!

So, I was quite surprised with the turn around in my thinking ! Only thing was, I mentioned to the leader that I used to do the core plan, she said that there was the filling and healthy plan, but to start with they like everyone to do propoints and get used to pointing things. During the talk she didnt mention filling and healthy, so first impressions are that there's not as much support for those doing filling and healthy, but we'll see.

Here's my diary for today: I'm on 27 pp

B- 50g porridge and 200ml milk - 7 pp

sn- apple, grapes, ww bar, ww oat bites - 4 pp

D- 2 wraps with tom puree, tomato, peppers, onion, 20g cheese - 8 pp

T - wholewheat pasta (4pp) with roast veggies in olive oil (2pp) = 6 pp
pud- tropical fruit salad
sn- perhaps some more milk for a latte (2pp)

That's a good looking day's food planned. And not bad amounts for pro points either. I am tempted to give pro points a go for the odd day in the near future just to get my head in a bit of a portion control mindset.

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

Glad you enjoyed the meeting. I always have to do pro points after being off the rails for a week or so, gets me a bit more disciplined. Actually I tend to have more counting days than SF these days but often have a lot of meals that are SF. Sounds like a good days menu. Hope you have a good week. Xx

Thanks both :) I'm surprised but today has gone really well and I'm definitely not hungry - hoooray!

Here's what really happened today:

T - 30g wholewheat pasta (3pp) with roasted bns, fennel, courgettes, peppers, onion and cherry tomatoes in 2 tsp olive oil (2pp) and quark 55g (1pp) = 6 pp

2 cups of tea, 100ml milk (1pp)

Wow just totalling up and realise that I have enough for another cuppa :)

Probably sounds a bit daft but I'm really proud of having a good day for a change!!!
Points used: 27 propoints
Activity points earnt: 2 propoints from everyday activity plus 20mins 30 day shred (day 2), 20mins walking
Water: 2 litres

Subscribing :)

gobolino said:
Thanks both :) I'm surprised but today has gone really well and I'm definitely not hungry - hoooray!

Here's what really happened today:

T - 30g wholewheat pasta (3pp) with roasted bns, fennel, courgettes, peppers, onion and cherry tomatoes in 2 tsp olive oil (2pp) and quark 55g (1pp) = 6 pp

2 cups of tea, 100ml milk (1pp)

Wow just totalling up and realise that I have enough for another cuppa :)

Probably sounds a bit daft but I'm really proud of having a good day for a change!!!
Points used: 27 propoints
Activity points earnt: 2 propoints from everyday activity plus 20mins 30 day shred (day 2), 20mins walking
Water: 2 litres

Well done on having a good day, it's so nice when u know u have done well, and ur food sounds yummy too!

Thanks all!

Yesterday went well, but was a long day. I was woken at 0445 with my cat wanting to go out, then an hour later the dog!! I couldnt go back to sleep then, spent alot of time walking around town before any shops opened :)

Here's the foodies:

Sunday: 27 pp
B- Toast (3pp) with mashed banana, cinnamon and tiny squeeze of honey
sn- 2 eggs (4pp), ww oat bites (2pp), ww ginger and choc bar (2pp), banana, apple
D- 2 warburton thins (6pp) made into pizza :) -yum yum!! 40g mozarella (3pp), cherry toms, onion, peppers, jalapenos, tom puree
sn- milk 200ml (2pp)
T- 1 warburton thin (3pp) with roasted veg (2 tsp olive oil 2pp) with sweet potato and bns spicy soup (1pp)
sn- fruit salad with mango, pineapple, strawberries and passion fruit

E- 30 day shred, lots of walking (5 pp on pedometer)
pp total 28 (27 daily pp & 1 weekly pp)

Monday:
B-50g porridge (5pp), 400ml milk for porridge and cuppas (4pp)
sn-grapes, bananas, apples
D- 2 wraps (6pp), bns + sweet pot soup (1pp), cherry toms, fruit salad
sn- ww bar (2pp), oat bites (2pp)
T- large salad of leaves, tom and cu and another pizza !!!! this time on a square wrap (4pp) with 60g mozzarella (4pp)
sn- corn on the cob (2pp) with 5g spread (1pp)

E- 30 day shred and 2 pp on pedometer
pp total 31 (27 daily pp & 4 weekly pp)

Ok, its official, I am addicted to wraps !!!!! Just so quick and simple :)

Sounds good!

Thanks Sarah!

Tuesday:

B-40g porridge (4pp), mixed berries, 300ml milk for porridge and cuppas (3pp), 80g natural low fat yog (1pp)
sn-grapes, banana, apple, cucumber sticks celery sticks, piri piri houmous 35g (2pp)
D- mexican innocent veg pot (8pp)
sn- ww bar (2pp), 2 x oat bites (4pp)
T- ginger chilli and lime hot smoked salmon 113g (6pp) with a stir fry of leeks, onion, pepper, baby courgette, beansprouts, water chestnuts, oxo cube, thai spice (For 2 servings I used 1 tsp garlic oil and 1 tsp toasted sesame oil so 1pp per portion).
pud- 100g yoomoo frozen yoghurt (3pp)
pud2- fruit salad: melon, mango, strawbs, grapes, pineapple, passion fruit, apple

E- 30 day shred and 4 pp on pedometer so far (walk before and after work and at lunch)
pp total 34 ( 27 daily pp & 7 weekly pp)

A semi stressful day at work as I had to give a training session! Hence the snacky things :)

Last edited:
Are you experiencing wrap withdrawal today Gobbolino?? Seriously though those look like some great few days of food and exercise. Are you enjoying pro points so far this week?

Is your hot smoked salmon the john west one that comes in 3 strips? If so very useful to know the points as I have some in my freezer minus the wrapping so didn't know how I was going to work out points for it. Have you tried the pepper one? I LOVE that with a baked potato and salad. Or flaked through pasta.

How are you finding the 30 day shred? I started day 1 of it today, its been about 7 months since I last did it so was a little apprehensive but really enjoyed it and found it easier than I remember which is enouraging. Though I suspect using weights 3 times bigger than last time might not have been the best plan... We shall see how my arms and shoulders feel tomorrow.

I'm ok with no wraps today - he he :) But thanks for asking!

The hot smoked salmon was a vacuum packed one from aldi. I used the calculator to find the points per 100g then I whipped the skin off and weighed what I would actually eat :D The john west one sounds good, does it come frozen then ?

30 day shred is going well, I've been doing it before work most mornings which means an even earlier start, but I'm enjoying it. I love Jillians attitude, I've not watched much of biggest loser but I think she's pretty cool. This morning I thought I'd have a day off it and took the dog for a walk instead. Hubby went golfing after work so I managed to squeeze day 5 in after work. Tempted not to do it tomorrow am as I plan to go to a yogacise class (mind you I've been planning to go back to this particular class for the last 6 week ha ha ha!). Good luck with Day 2, I know what you mean about the weights, I used 2lb weights (quite heavy for me) I think, but for the final set I switched to baked bean cans (quite light!).

That is some very committed shredding this week! I am planning on easing myself in more gradually with a few days each week, I have an irritating inability to lose weight if I exercise too many times a week so I am trying to stick to 3 days a week at the moment as I have just started a new plan. The weights I used were 2.3kg, maybe that was a bit optimistic but they are the weights I always use for the Davina workouts I have got.

The john west salmon comes fresh, I think its only sainsburys that do it. I will have to google nutritional information and get weighing the pieces in the freezer to work out the pro points. Its probably unrealistic to try and convince myself it could be free on simply filling isn't it??

My 30ds DVD got lost and my replacement seems to be missing in the post :-( kinda looking forward to but dreading restarting it! So unfit nowadays x

Hey glad you are onboard the shred too :)

1st day wasn't as horrific as I remember though it wasn't exactly fun either! Hope my boxset arrives soon so I have a bit of variety too :) x

Back