Gobolinos WW diary :)

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi all

I'm thinking of starting a core diary (I have lots of the books from 2008 when the core plan was around) and keeping it here as its the nearest place to being the correct place on the forum. Is this ok if I join you here ????

Also, I'm still debating if I should do core at home by myself and keep a diary here or if I should head to ww class and get all the new info on the new plan - but I enjoy all things the old fashioned core way :) !

I've recently reached target (albeit a high target) with sw although the last few weeks I've put on weight as I've been off evey plan known to man :(

So, will update soon hopefully with some lovely on plan menus !!! ;)

I'm sure it's fine for u to post here!

There is no need to go to the meeting as u can find all the simply filling info on the sticky at the top of the page!

Thanks Sarah!

Well, today has been one of the worst in terms of not being on any kind of plan. I've now declared war on chocolate, bread, ice-cream and cereal (apart from porridge) - they are making me eat in an out of control way!!! So, todays not been good at all but I'm about to remind myself why I love the core plan, just to get myself excited about it all again :) .........

* Not weighing and measuring
* Being in control and not being ruled by war foods!
* lots of lovely fruit and veg and healthy foods
* using 2tsp of oil everyday to make salads and veggies even better
* being able to make a fruit smoothie/eat stewed fruit/cooked fruit (something that wasnt allowed freely on sw)
* being able to have a decent size bowl of porridge
* avocados !
* eating fish if I fancy it (I dont eat meat, but do eat fish. On sw I pretty much avoided fish as it would mean a red day which I didnt enjoy)
* being able to enjoy some nuts etc using points (I'll be having 21 old points each week)

Ok these are my main reasons why I love core plan, but must remember not to go over 21 points a week, eat till satisfied and only snack on fruit/veg :)

Sounds good

Good luck Gobilino ( is that after the cat in the book?)!
I think sf and core are basically the same but just food is pointed differently for the 21. Do you still have all the old points info and calculator etc? I've been on and off WW since 2007 and can't really remember any of the old points any more! Enjoy it, I used to like core but at that point wasn't in a living situation that meant I could cook my own food all the time.
Best of luck. X

Hi Becktoria,

Yep, its Gobolino after the cat :) I do have all the info for the old core plan including a few cookbooks, points calculators, shopping guides etc. Even knowing that I did ok with it before isnt giving me any ooompf to get started on it again though at the moment.

The war is on on the following: ice-cream, bread, chocolate, cereal+cereal bars (apart from those that I can be trusted with eg porridge) and also alcohol. Alcohol is an easy one for me, but I thought I'd add it to the list too. Saturday i thought I'd done well but realised I did overindulge in cereal, the same goes for today!

So, I'm still undecided on which plan to follow. I made a lovely adzuki bean bake from gillian mckeiths cookbook and now debating that plan too!!!!

Mondays plan - ww core plan

Breakfast:
Strawberry and banana smoothie
porridge and skimmed milk

Dinner:
spicy roast veg soup
adzuki bean bake with broccoli, cherry toms and sweetcorn

Tea:
Jacket potato and beany chilli
Side salad

Snacks:
fruit salad
other fruit!
milk in tea?

Drinks:
2L water
herbal teas
normal tea

Exercise:
walking
just dance 3

Avoiding:
chocolate
ice-cream
unsafe cereals
bread
alcohol

Sounds like a good day there!

Thanks both! Fingers crossed it'll be a good day :) I havent actually had the smoothie yet, but I popped some chopped strawberries in the freezer last night so its going to be nice, I'm looking forward to it. Hope you have a good bank hols :)

Tuesday- ww core plan

Breakfast:
porridge and skimmed milk

Dinner:
spicy roast veg soup
wholewheat pasta and beany chilli

Tea:
adzuki bean bake with 20g cheese (will find out points later, maybe 2 points)

large side salad

Snacks:
apples, banana, fruit salad, carrot sticks

Drinks:
2L water
herbal teas
normal tea

Exercise:
walking 45mins

Avoiding: so far so good - feeling so fab for not eating these :)
chocolate
ice-cream
unsafe cereals
bread
alcohol

Your day sounds great, very yummy! x

How u finding it? U have had a good couple days!

Wow - hello all! Thank you for your comments :) I'm finding it ok, although I went to the supermarket and had alot of bargains yesterday so possibly a few things from today do have points in them.

Anyway, heres today:

Breakfast:
stewed plums, pears and apple with porridge

Dinner:
broccoli soup and rice salad (this possibly has extra points)
avocado

Tea:
veggie stir fry with baby pak choi, beansprouts, onion
(made my stir fry too hot so didnt eat it all, had some porridge to make up for that!)

Snacks:
apple, banana, fruit salad, ww rice pudding x 2 (3points)

Drinks:
water, herbal teas, normal tea

Exercise:
walking, just dance or even yogacise class if I'm feeling super motivated!

Ur brekkie sounds lovely

Oh it was great..... I stewed the fruit with mixed spice and vanilla, the smell in the kitchen was great too!

I am definitely stealing the stewed apples and pears with porridge idea too. That sounds delicious!

Your aduki bake sounds good too - what goes into it? I love a good beany dish.

Back