god bless & rest in peace Hettie

msblonde

a new way of living!
A couple of years ago I worked as a carer, (I had to stop when I had spinal surg feb 09, and never really recovered enough to go back to it) anyway.

one lady I looked after was called Hettie, she was 103 in feb'10 I haven;t seen her since Jan 09' due to op and moving house (also had dementia and she was always upset the day after visitors as she would get confused and think she was expecting people the next day and get dissappointed)

well I found out today that she passed away 2 weeks ago, after a fall, she broke her hip, had an op, all was well, then was told she couldn't go home and would need a N/home and then 2 days later she passed away...

she was wonderful, used to make me tea and make me eat biscuits! (honest!!) and I used to sleep over several times a week and at 3am I would hear the stair lift going as she got up to make tea! and I had to get her back to bed.

we would play scrabble and chat and hold hands, and I would take her to the local river (she loved a drive out) and feed the ducks.

when I arrived she would greet me by lifting her wig, like you would raise a hat.

there is a private family only funeral tomorrow, and a methodist service afterwards at 3pm, its 180 miles away, but I have the day off so I am going anyway.

please raise a glass or light a candle for Hettie today.

xxx

Ah she sounded like a lovely lady bless her...RIP XX

RIP Hettie xx

name changed before I posted - thanks for all your comments.

Back