Going away and not sure whats best to eat

emmaez89

Hello, I'm going to Amsterdam on a mini cruise tomorrow evening and really don't want this week end to jeopardise my weight loss, I'm going to be using most of my syns for the week for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I don't leave till around 3pm on Friday so will be on plan till then we will be stopping at mcdonalds on the way down to the ferry port in hull for dinner so want to have some thing within my syns but something that won't take a big chunk of my syns up as want to use majority of them in Amsterdam but need something to fill me as travelling with my 6 month old daughter and don't want to be starving for the rest of the evening.

We will probly get breakfast in Amsterdam in the morning so was thinking of just having wholemeal toast and a coffee and using that as a hxb and milk in coffee as hexa, I get 2 hexa as I'm part breastfeeding my daughter so that would give me another coffee later on in the day. Will be bringing some bananas, pears to snack on throughout the day, and if we do stop for coffee and cake in the day , I will be bringing some hifi bars with me to have instead.

We have planned that we will be going to this Italian restaurant for lunch/dinner so want to choose something that's not got too many syns in, they always give out this gorgeous bread and garlic butter complimentary before dinner and would love to have some so that wil be syned.

When we arrive back Sunday morning back into hull ferry port, it will be another stop at mcdonalds for breakfast so I'm thinking of having the porridge and a fruit bag. We will be back home for lunch time so will be back on plan and cooking sw dinner .

If anyone can give any advice if that seems ok ? Or if anyone has been away for the weekend and done something similar

I just really want to see a loss next Wednesday as I'm only in my 4th week and want to keep seeing my weight going down

Thanks everyone xx

I think it sounds like you've it all sussed :)

Taking fruit and veg with you is really the key I think - a banana does wonders at curbing the hunger and helping to feel satisfied. I guess the other thing to remember is that there are little shops everywhere too that will sell cold meats etc if you need something a bit more savoury/non-fruit/veg.

As you're going to be quite active, make sure your meals are substantial too - things like steaks with veg/jacket potato and pastas in tomato sauces etc. are all great.

Most of all though - have a fab time!! Don't be stressing too much about it all - you seem to have it under control. Good luck!! xx

Hello, I'm going to Amsterdam on a mini cruise tomorrow evening and really don't want this week end to jeopardise my weight loss, I'm going to be using most of my syns for the week for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I don't leave till around 3pm on Friday so will be on plan till then we will be stopping at mcdonalds on the way down to the ferry port in hull for dinner so want to have some thing within my syns but something that won't take a big chunk of my syns up as want to use majority of them in Amsterdam but need something to fill me as travelling with my 6 month old daughter and don't want to be starving for the rest of the evening.

We will probly get breakfast in Amsterdam in the morning so was thinking of just having wholemeal toast and a coffee and using that as a hxb and milk in coffee as hexa, I get 2 hexa as I'm part breastfeeding my daughter so that would give me another coffee later on in the day. Will be bringing some bananas, pears to snack on throughout the day, and if we do stop for coffee and cake in the day , I will be bringing some hifi bars with me to have instead.

We have planned that we will be going to this Italian restaurant for lunch/dinner so want to choose something that's not got too many syns in, they always give out this gorgeous bread and garlic butter complimentary before dinner and would love to have some so that wil be syned.

When we arrive back Sunday morning back into hull ferry port, it will be another stop at mcdonalds for breakfast so I'm thinking of having the porridge and a fruit bag. We will be back home for lunch time so will be back on plan and cooking sw dinner .

If anyone can give any advice if that seems ok ? Or if anyone has been away for the weekend and done something similar

I just really want to see a loss next Wednesday as I'm only in my 4th week and want to keep seeing my weight going down

Thanks everyone xx

Not sure about the wholemeal toast in Amsterdam. Whenever I travel, its usually pastries, cold boiled eggs in shell and cold meats!!. However if you could get some scrambled egg, tomato, mushroom and lean bacon, you would be full up. If not, I would have fresh fruit and yogurt and then have a nice lunch. Enjoy your break.

Back