Going away for a month in RTM?

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
Hey all,

Well I know this is looking ahead, but end of May I'm going away for a month to new zealand, and will miss 5 RTM sessions (assuming they're on the same day as my foundation).

When I leave I should just be into week 6 of RTM. What would you advise doing? i.e. I'm going to miss almost half of the prog of RTM and I'm not sure if or not you can take packs with you to NZ? Anyway I need advice:

Should I:
a) take the lists of allowed foods in each week, take packs and hide them in suitcase and sort of do a DIY RTM?
b) stay at week 6 for 5 weeks?
c) not take packs, and just eat 1100 cals a day like they say to in week 6?
d) not take packs and gradually increase numbers of calories per day?

Thanks for the rep point, someone unknown...

Take your packs with you and carry on with the plan as you would normally would be my advice.
Good luck and lucky you to be going away for a month:D

Oo ok, yeah. Is it ok to take packs in suitcase?

The other option I hadn't thought about yet, but I may, is staying on foundation until I get back. Actually, stupid idea. *counts*. It would mean another 12 weeks on foundation. My target is 3 to 5 stone total loss so I think that would take me almost to 6 stone.. And plus... All that NZ lamb which by the end I might even be able to sample on RTM!

If I had a 3 stone loss I would be 13 stone, 5 stone loss I would be 11stone (which is about right for my bmi). But I'm aiming for a body size (size 10 to 12), not a weight so I'll see how that goes. Already into 14's and if I drop a size a month then it could mean I achieve that size by end of foundation!

But I'm still considering the possibility of staying on developers til I lose one or more stone more than on foundation.. .

Anyway I'm just rambling here. I don't know what I'll do yet and will see how it goes with the weight loss on Fdn anyway.

Thanks for the advice Tange, appreciated!

I took a months worth of packs to the states, and had no problem at all.

Tip: Spread the packs around your various bags - then if anything happens to any of your luggage - wyou will still have a supply while the airline sorts it out.

If you put ALL your packs in ONE suitcase, you can bet that will be the suitcase they lose - so be prepared for every eventuality. :)

xx

New Zealand

I'm going to Australia this weekend for 3 weeks & will be in week 6 RTM. Going to take bars/packs with me cos I like a bar for breakfast & choc shake before bed. The rest of the time I'm going to eat fish, salad, fruit & proberbly some things that I shouldn't have. As long as you use portion control everything should be OK. I did this when in USA for 2 weeks whilst on Foundation & didn't put any weight on.
I have looked on the OZ customs & found that if you declare your packs etc. on the form given on the plane & keep it all in your carry on there won't be a problem it's when you don't declare them that the trouble sorts. I could imagine that NZ will be similar to OZ in that respect. The other thing is don't worry - enjoy your holiday. It's not the end of the world if you put on a few lbs - they will come off again.
Have a good holiday.

Back