Going away for the weekend - Wish me luck

GirlyChick

On a mission
Hi guys,
well its another one of the OH steam train and beer festival weekends (regulars will spot a trend here). Last time we went in our camper van to Wales and I stuck 100% to LT. BUT this time the OH has treat me to a posh hotel Bed and Breakfast and evening meal.
OMG :eek: were my first thoughts - how could he do this to me but then I got my head round that he had good intentions and thought it would be a treat and reward for how well I have done so far. Anyway I have studied my Atkins book and this is my plan:
Breakfast: 1 fried egg, 2 pieces bacon, 2 tbspn mushrooms = 249 cals and 2.1 grams carb
Lunch: LT flapjack = 191 cals and 8 grams carb
Dinner: some kind of plain fish/chicken dish with a small side salad = approx 250 cals and 2 grams carbs.
And of course loads and loads of water!!
This should total approx 700 cals but only 12 grams carbs which is more cals than LT but significantly less carbs.
There is also a pool so planning a couple of swims and a nice bit of relaxation :)
Really hope this works out. My main worry is that once I eat something I won't be able to stop and the greedy food monster will take control of me but my will is strong (as I write this anyway) and really looking forward to a nice break away. wish me luck xx

Have a lovely time - it's a great treat to be whisked away for the weekend, I'm sure :D

Let us know how you get on. I stay in hotels a lot (for work, not pleasure) and i have to say i LOVE the smell of cooked breakfasts *drool*

Sounds good chick, I would maybe refeed for atleast a few days before you go? or is it this weekend???

Instead of the fried egg.. Can you have scrambled or boiled? and the mushrooms are usually fried so is there anything else you can have instead?

I wouldnt worry to much about the greedy monster coming out! these foods will probably stuff you to the gills!! lol

Have a great time away xxxx

Hi guys,
well its another one of the OH steam train and beer festival weekends (regulars will spot a trend here). Last time we went in our camper van to Wales and I stuck 100% to LT. BUT this time the OH has treat me to a posh hotel Bed and Breakfast and evening meal.
OMG :eek: were my first thoughts - how could he do this to me but then I got my head round that he had good intentions and thought it would be a treat and reward for how well I have done so far. Anyway I have studied my Atkins book and this is my plan:
Breakfast: 1 fried egg, 2 pieces bacon, 2 tbspn mushrooms = 249 cals and 2.1 grams carb
Lunch: LT flapjack = 191 cals and 8 grams carb
Dinner: some kind of plain fish/chicken dish with a small side salad = approx 250 cals and 2 grams carbs.
And of course loads and loads of water!!
This should total approx 700 cals but only 12 grams carbs which is more cals than LT but significantly less carbs.
There is also a pool so planning a couple of swims and a nice bit of relaxation :)
Really hope this works out. My main worry is that once I eat something I won't be able to stop and the greedy food monster will take control of me but my will is strong (as I write this anyway) and really looking forward to a nice break away. wish me luck xx

Hi hope you have a lovely weekend and good thinking with the Atkins menu - good idea to do that.
It's hard when you are going on hol isn't it.

I will be going out next Wed for a meal - it's my daughters 18th birthday and we are treating her and her boyfriend to a meal in a lovely restaurant - but I've already decided to have sparkling water (absolutely no alcohol!!) and no bread - just fish and salad or small amount veges (DEF no dessert haha), but yes you definitely get focused and plan ahead so enjoy yourselves x :):)

Sounds good chick, I would maybe refeed for atleast a few days before you go? or is it this weekend????

Yea going today!! have known about the beer thing for a while and wasn't too worried as already survived a big one in wales but the hotel bit was a surprise :eek:

Instead of the fried egg.. Can you have scrambled or boiled? and the mushrooms are usually fried so is there anything else you can have instead?

I thought about scrambled but figured they would have milk in and fried egg seemed more exciting than boiled somehow. Still very sad to be soo excited about a fried egg!!!

Read all the atkins stuff and fried seemed fine. Might give the mushrooms a miss though, will see how greasy they look.

Thanks for the support guys, was worried would get loads of oohhh don't do it comments. But I think I have it under control. Won't know for definite till next weigh in xx

I would normally say oooh dont do it, but when its been a surprise like that and you seemed so excited about it so I wouldnt burst your bubble :) lol

lol thanks chelly. Hope you are ok today xxx

Hi Girl,
Yeah I wondered how living in 'the real world' was going to be when I did this diet, because we have to. You have done so well so far that I am sure this lovely hotel surprise away won't do too much harm. You seem to be in the right frame of mind. My frame of mind at the moment is to go commando marine style and pull myself along a buffet table on my elbows with my mouth open...but naaaa!
I'm sure you will have a great time, just get straight back on when you get back

Have a great weekend and your plan sounds perfect I bet before LT you wouldnt have thought it through so much it just shows your determination and how much you are in control. xx:):)

I'm good thanks xx don't know what I would do without the support of this forum.
Well all showered and packed and off I go. See you on the other side (well sunday night probably) xxx

Back