Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Going Back To 'Discover'

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Hippngrvy, 11 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Hippngrvy

Hippngrvy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi peeps,

I think I am going to go back on the Discover plan - I just don't think this Pro Points is for me - Don't get me wrong, I have lost whilst I have done it, and it's flexible, but I just don't feel like it is going to work in the long run...

With me being a veggie I do eat quite a lot of carbs - rice, pasta etc, and, I tend to stay away from dairy anyways because it gives me eczema, so I tend to use my daily allowance on carbs with them being quite high in points n then eat lots of fruit & veg and feel I am probably eating a lot more than I was before, and weight loss was taking a while on the discover plan, but I felt my intake was more regulated with having to count fruit...

I just feel I am stuck at the same weight constantly... any other veggies out there struggling?

So, I think from tomorrow it will be back on to the Discover Plan, so I am going to have a hunt for my stuff tonight when I get home and get used to pointing the old way again - I didn't think I would ever forget how, and now it feels so long ago since I was pointing like that! :D I feel more nervous going back on Discover than I was starting PPs! lol

xox Sam

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cookie1975

cookie1975 Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.49%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hey

I've Been thinking the same dont think pp is for me ESP when I go to the gym and I don't lose when I was losing 4-5 lb a week on old points system

4. Veggie Dieter

Veggie Dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.45%)
    Diet:
    SW green only
    Im sure you will get into the swing of things with old points before you know it - I got back on old points 5 weeks ago after years of using it and honesly it comes flooding back - how about trying different dishes, if your anything like me I tend to have similar things each week so maybe a good change around might do your system some good, also try changing your exercise aswell - keep me updated on how your doing fellow veggie!

5. Hippngrvy

Hippngrvy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hiya,
    Well, the old system has definitely come flooding back, and I have realised how much I missed it! It definitely suits me more! Not snacking on fruit has left me a bit hungrier, but, I will quickly get used it it - I have enjoyed the fact carbs aint as high in points, but haven't had tons of them...
    Yeh, I do eat a lot of the same foods all the time, I think it's just convenience, but, I am gonna try and mix it up a bit... When I am at work I don't get much time to prepare as I am then out on an evening too as the kids train for swimming almost every night, so I tend to live off stir fry and spag bol, which I love - but, during the school holidays I am off work, so I think I am gonna try and do some batch cooking and freeze things so that I have different meals already prepared...
    I think I might even make my own 'veggie meals' book with all my face recipes in already pointed :)

6. susicab

susicab Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.11%)
    Diet:
    Scottish Slimmers
    Im half way through my "experiment" of doing Propoints AND Discover together (writing down old points and tracking ProPoints on my phone).

Today, I have decided to have Jacket Beans and Cheese for dinner. At the moment i have 27 weeklies to get me through to Saturday. On the ProPoints, I can have ONE Jacket, half a tin of beans and ONE Cheese Slice which will have to come out of my weekly allowance (I know, its only 1pp).

On Discover, i can have 2 jacket potatoes, a tin of beans and 2 cheese slices, and i still have 2pts to play with.

I am really tempted to go back to Discover, as i think it suits me better as well.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.