Going for it!

Chala1972

Hello everyone! Well have ordered the books and am ready to gooooo!

Going to give Atkins a go, never fancied it before but have changed my mind :) Will I still be able to do exercise on Atkins? Am looking forward to starting and chatting to you all :)

hi and welcome to atkins :) you might not feel like exercising first couple of days on atkins but once you hit ketosis you get loads of energy!!! have a look at the stickies at the top of the page and best of luck :)

welcome to the mad house!

Hi Chala!

I found that exercise was really hard in the first couple of weeks on Atkins. It gets a lot better/easier though once your body adapts to burning its own fat (Keto) rather than relying on quick spikes of energy from carbohydrates.

Still, if you're mad into exercise you might want to look at Cyclical Keto diets etc rather than Straight Keto diets that I think alot of ppl follow here.

Good luck! You'll do great! :D

Hi Chala, ive recently started Atkins too and loving the food. (Stickies are invaluable MIM has revolutionised Atkins). In fact when you look at some menus on here, its not really a diet but a nicer way of eating, no hardshipat all!

Have previously done CD and lost 3 stone, but when I started to eat "real" food again the weight crept back on so i'm here trying to rid myself of the excess and this time its staying off!!

Good luck with your weight loss. x

Hi Chala, welcome aboard. I'm like you - never fancied atkins but decided that since starving myself doesn't work i had better try some different. Now i'm about 3 weeks in and loving it - can eat all i need to and lose weight.

Re exercise - found the first 5 days tough as defintely withdrawal from sugar! Now very happy and upped my dance classes to 5 hours a week and playing the wii fit on top. I just make sure that i eat well both before and after the exercise

Good luck and look forward to chatting on here :D

I have just started atkins again and never exercise.I did get a kinnect and have started doing it at the weekends,but im not classing it as working out, but more having a laugh.
Good luck and enjoy.
julz
x

Welcome and good luck on your journey.

Hi Chala, welcome to the board. Exercise can be tough for a few weeks while your body gets used to burning fat for energy, but after that you can do as much as ever!

Hi & welcome to the wonderful world of Atkins where you can do whatever you want to do.... exercise, eat etc etc!

Hi Chala, Hi Julz, why don't you tart your own diary threads on here. :)

Good, I'm pleased to hear that love.

Back