Going in again for an operation...

Wishing you all the best this time around Mike & hoping that you are happier with the results when all's finished.

The numbness is very weird, like Susan i also still have a numb tum almost 2 years after having a C-section and its just the oddest sensation :rolleyes:

Just to wish you good luck, Mike, that it improves as much as it can do.

Experience sometimes doesn't match expectations - gosh, that sounds pious! But what I was thinking when I wrote it, is that I'm finally feeling brave enough to get my eyes lasered. However, I'm very aware that I see the world through a soft-focus camera lens, and if I get perfect vision, I'll see all my imperfections perfectly clearly in the mirror - not to mention all the dust and cobwebs....*

Hmmm, what to do?

* in the house I mean, not on me I hope!
;)

Aww Mike, hope it goes well for you, i shall add you to my healing prayers for a quick recovery!!! x

Hope all goes well Mike - you so deserve it to after all that you have been through. Fingers crossed for you.

Love

Good luck, hope it all goes really well for you.

Good luck Mike.
Can I just say to all of you out there thinking of having a TT. This is MAJOR abdo surgery. Pick a very experienced surgeon. Be prepeared for post op complications, they are very common; lack of sensation/problems with healing/untidy scar/problems standing up straight/problems with certain activities including SI. I would never have this op myself. Every single person I have ever met who has had one has had long standing problems with it. And god help anyone who has it and then regains weight - cos it will look very strange and bloody awful!!

Tina

I had a friend who had it done and she put the weight back on afterwards (comfort ate due to the death of her father) and she didn't look 'bloody awful' as you so gently put it!
I think that's very judgemental of you Tina concidering you are on a weightloss forum!:mad:

Good luck Mike.
Can I just say to all of you out there thinking of having a TT. This is MAJOR abdo surgery. Pick a very experienced surgeon. Be prepeared for post op complications, they are very common; lack of sensation/problems with healing/untidy scar/problems standing up straight/problems with certain activities including SI. I would never have this op myself. Every single person I have ever met who has had one has had long standing problems with it. And god help anyone who has it and then regains weight - cos it will look very strange and bloody awful!!

Tina

Hi Tina,

This is a generalization and while we know and are aware that all operations carry a risk.

Not everyone has been unfortunate to have had a bad experience.

We do have members here who have had a TT and are very happy with the outcome.

Like all things in life people have to weigh up the pros and cons and make an informed decision if this is for them.

Love Mini xxx

Very best of luck Mike. Should imagine that you're ready to close this chapter with the grief it's given you!

Hi Mike

Wishing you the very best outcome possible for this op.

I also have to thank you for your honesty and openess about the whole process.

I have considered having surgery when I get to goal but you are right when you say that it isn't possible to the get toned never stretched look and in all fairness that is what I would be looking for :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyways instead I am learning to love my body with its war wounds (stretch marks/baggy skin) as it is and ya know what... it ain't that bad after all :D:D

Thanks for being a huge inspiration

Gen xx

HI, mike, i wish you the best of luck..

Can you update your tt diary when you can? i read every post word for word, and absoloutely loved it as in it was very interesting, sorry you suffered :(

I for one do not think i will have a tt...

good luck :)

Last edited:
Hey Mike - are you having the operation with a spinal block then if you will be awake for it? If so - how cool!!!! Did you have it done that way first time or did you have a general?

Had a C-section with spinal block last year and it was absolutely amazing! Hope to have all future surgery this way as general's make me really poorly and pukey afterwards! lol

When will you have a date?

This is a very interesting thread. I had my fleurs de lys abdominoplasty 14 weeks ago, on the NHS, and I am delighted with the results. I feel a million percent better than I did with the horrendous skin I had hanging from my body. They told me from the outset that I wouldn't really see the true and final results for about a year to 18 months as that is the time it takes for everything to settle.

I know I may have to have some more done to the top section but to be honest I don't mind one bit as they got rid of the worst of it.

I have had a very different experience to Mike, yes it was incredibly painful afterwards (well, let's face it, you are cut from side to side and up the middle - it's gonna hurt like hell for a while)... and I had a few complications which were swiftly dealt with. I had a period of immobility which drove me demented, I gained about 12lbs during the time I couldn't move around but as soon as I was mobile again that soon shifted (within a matter of a couple of weeks) and I am back to goal and have been since I could move around fully again.

I have lost some feeling to the lower abdomen but I was fully aware of the risks before I went in for the op, having researched it fully both the pros and cons.

For me this operation has been incredibly uplifting (no pun intended) and positive. There are some niggles but nothing compared to how I felt about the skin.

I have photos of before and some after at different stages. It was April 7th when I had my op and I can't believe how great I feel now.

I'm sorry that not everyone has had a positive experience but there are some who have. It isn't all doom, gloom, dog ears and horrendously painful scarring. Honest! I'm not belittling anyone's suffering - heaven knows it is a dreadful thing to suffer - but it is important to realise that there are happy stories as well as horror stories.

Bottom line is this - if you truly feel, having weighed up the pros and cons, researched to the nth degree and listened to all sorts of accounts.. and you still feel you want the op.. then it's a gamble only you can take. For me it's paid off - big time. I'm very fortunate, I know. I think I am probably in the majority though and as is the way of humans,.. it is predominantly the horror stories that make the press... I do wish you the very very best with the op Mike and hope they can resolve everything as far as possible for you. Your honesty and openness was appreciated when I was heading for my op.

Back