Going it alone?

cupcake22

I've been going to group for 5 weeks now, but I only stayed the first time to see what it was like.

Now I usually just get weighed and leave. Class is ok, but they don't do much except go through everyone and talk about if and why they gained/lost. Then that's pretty much it.

I think paying £5 a week just to get weighed is a bit daft and I was thinking about weighing at home every week instead.

I think I can manage without going to class but I don't know. I'm really not sure what to do.

I know a lot of people say they couldn't do it without going to group, but is there anyone who has been successful when doing it at home? :confused:

I've been doing it at home and have lost 27lbs in 12 weeks so it's been going great. I was unsure at first as to how I'd get on, on my own but it's been fine. I rely heavily on this forum for support and inspiration and WI every week on the wednesday home WI thread. I find that really keeps me on track. So it can be done. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I do it alone at home too..haven't lost as much as the poster above (only 17lbs in 10 weeks) but I can't see what going to class would add to all the lovely advice on here xx

I do it alone at home too..haven't lost as much as the poster above (only 17lbs in 10 weeks) but I can't see what going to class would add to all the lovely advice on here xx

I quite agree SpottyT (although I know it's not for everyone). Minimins is the best support group going!

I do it from home as an online member and much prefer it to going to class. If you're motivated and determined to succeed there is no reason why you shouldn't stick to plan. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I used to go to group and then didn't have as much money so i stopped going and did it on my own. Since doing it on my own i have lost 1 stone 1lb. I think you just need to be diciplined and stick to it. I find a food plan is really helpful and stops me from raiding the fridge. Its hard when you've got a brother who is a human dustbin but i'm getting there.
Good luck.
xx

Thanks everyone :)

Been out this morning and bought myself some better bathroom scales and I think I'm just going to do it from home.

Well done on all of your losses, that's fab!!

I am quite good with self-discipline so I think I'll be alright. If not I can always go back to class :)

Why not try booking a 'holiday' from class for about 3 weeks to see how you get on? If you struggle you can just go back without having to pay any re-joining or back fees.

I've been doing it at home and have lost 27lbs in 12 weeks so it's been going great. I was unsure at first as to how I'd get on, on my own but it's been fine. I rely heavily on this forum for support and inspiration and WI every week on the wednesday home WI thread. I find that really keeps me on track. So it can be done. Good luck with whatever you decide!

What a brilliant weight loss!!!!

Do you just follow the green plan?

What do you think of the Extra Easy?

Hi i will have to start doin sw from home properly now too as i wanted to rejoin my group having put on all my weight i lost but as i will be moving home in a couple of weeks there really is no point and i want to save more money to help in the home move. I feel really bad about putting it all on but its my fault and so i will have to deal with the consequences and start sw from monday. I wish i could start from today but i know whenever i start midweek i always fail so i have started making changes to my diet already and will be ready to start sw from. I'm positive i can do it if i be strict like i was before and allow my the odd treat once in a while x

The going round the group with the losses and gains can often be so much more though. As people talk about their weeks and what they've done well, also you can pick up tips and hints and recipe ideas and, quite often, find out common mistakes too!
It's a much more social thing for me, I've made a lot of friends there.

I am motivated and determined to succeed but there's no way at all I could do it without the support of the group.

Good luck whatever you do but I have seen so many people leave group after a couple of months thinking they can go it alone and they nearly all come back eventually.

What a brilliant weight loss!!!!

Do you just follow the green plan?

What do you think of the Extra Easy?

Thanks Jessie! I'm a veggie so I just do green. Don't know about EE as I've never tried it. Really like the extra healthy extras 'a' and 'b' with green though.

I have been doing it from home and I do just fine too. My losses are on par with everyone so I guess it's working fine. I don't think I'd be any more motivated by attending a class. I have joined the thursday weigh in group at the top and that helps keep me on my toes, don't want to let the team down! :)

This website has been invaluable though, I'm always getting tips, ideas and motivation from it.

Good luck!

Back