Going it alone..

Khaleesi

Hi there everyone!

Here's a little bit about me, im 23 years old and live in a small(ish) town in Wales called Merthyr Tydfil. I've struggled with my weight all through my life, i was bullied at school for being bigger than the other girls and it basically put me in the vicious cycle of comfort eating to cope with stress.

I joined weightwatchers a few years ago, i weighed around 16st at the time, i lost weight for the first couple of weeks then my motivation dropped (our local meetings weren't very helpful) and gave up. This year i found myself on the bathroom scales not believing my eyes when i saw 20st 11lbs! I swore to myself i had to do something.

Unfortunately i can't afford to join any of the groups or the programmes, ive recently signed off of job seekers allowance to start my own business and until i start earning from that i have no extra cash! So right now im taking what ive learned from my years of struggle and applying it to make my own diet. Mainly calorie control, portion control, and trying to eat meals high in protein and low in fat. Plus drinking lots of water. Eventually when i can afford it i hope to give the Tony Ferguson programme a go, but until then i felt like i needed some extra support to keep me going, which is what brings me here!

So i will try my best to stick with it and update my progress, reading through some threads here has already spurred me on a bit!
Oh, my partner also proposed to me earlier this year, and i refuse to be an overweight bride, i want to look at my wedding photos and smile not cringe!

I look forward to chatting with you all :D

xxx

Welcome to the forum! good luck in your journey :)

hi i am from flint so not to far away :) didn't think i would find anybody on here so close to home lol. can you not get hold of a slimming world or weight watchers book and follow it at home it might be easier,
hope you keep your will power up good luck!!!

Thankyou all for the warm welcomes :)

hi i am from flint so not to far away :) didn't think i would find anybody on here so close to home lol. can you not get hold of a slimming world or weight watchers book and follow it at home it might be easier,
hope you keep your will power up good luck!!!

yep my fiancé's mum gave me a slimming world recipe book, so i have a good guide for making my meals balanced and low calorie :)

Back