Going it alone....

How come you ended up with £300 worth of sausages and burgers?!

They sent me someone else's order along with my own, took all day to get it sorted. They ended up sending a taxi to take the meat from here to pontefract and have sent me a voucher in an email for 3 packs of meat for my honesty! Honestly you couldn't write it!

We had some of their pork and apple sausages for tea with new potatoes and salad they were really meaty and tasty as syn free! Not a drop of fat came off them when grilled and they didn't shrink. They are not cheap, and the minimum order is 8 packs, but worth it if you really miss sausage and grill steaks etc.

I've eaten 2 nectarines, 4 satsumas, a banana and some blueberries throughout the day. Also tried to drink a bit more water.

Feel positive that after a disaster day I've still stayed on track. Craving chocolate or cake but nothing new there :D

Oh also wanted to say, I can't believe those red onion and rosemary sausages are free! They are so tasty and quite oily too I thought

Hiya, being nosey in your diary lol

I'll be swiping that chicken katsu curry recipe, I love that at wagamama but reckon I can only splurge on that once or twice a year now :rolleyes:

I'm another 'going it alone' person, not able to get to a group atm and I suffer from anxiety too so a roomful of strangers isn't something I'd look forward to schlepping to at the end of a work day.

Re the scanbran cake and roulade thing... personally I think they're foul abominations but some people love them so it's alway worth a try. Don't get your hopes up too high though lol

Hope the potential bullying issue with your eldest gets sorted soon, I went through that with my son last year - keep pestering the school if you're worried and try and get your daughter to talk to you if possible, though I know it's really hard for kids to admit to their parents when they're having trouble :sigh:

Hope you have a good week, don't forget to get some syns down you too and maybe have something alongside your soup at lunch - you could always syn a bit of bread if you've used your hexbs elsewhere :)

P.S - Deer in the playground... that doesn't happen where I live lol

Hi

There are many of us on here going it alone, we support each other as well as others who go to groups we are one happy SW family!

I love the curry recipe, I've cooked it several times, it's totally yummy!

Scan bran - I have to be in the right frame if mind for them! Lol but have tried most of the recipes, they all work out real good.

Good luck and let us know how you get in, when is you WI day going to be?

Hiya, being nosey in your diary lol

I'll be swiping that chicken katsu curry recipe, I love that at wagamama but reckon I can only splurge on that once or twice a year now :rolleyes:

I'm another 'going it alone' person, not able to get to a group atm and I suffer from anxiety too so a roomful of strangers isn't something I'd look forward to schlepping to at the end of a work day.

Re the scanbran cake and roulade thing... personally I think they're foul abominations but some people love them so it's alway worth a try. Don't get your hopes up too high though lol

Hope the potential bullying issue with your eldest gets sorted soon, I went through that with my son last year - keep pestering the school if you're worried and try and get your daughter to talk to you if possible, though I know it's really hard for kids to admit to their parents when they're having trouble :sigh:

Hope you have a good week, don't forget to get some syns down you too and maybe have something alongside your soup at lunch - you could always syn a bit of bread if you've used your hexbs elsewhere :)

P.S - Deer in the playground... that doesn't happen where I live lol

I couldnt believe it was a SW recipe tbh! Both me and my other half were really impressed. It was so rich and tasty, im not sure how i achieved that when the sauce is a base of courgette and carrot! Also having the chicken in breadcrumb felt like a real treat.

My eldest daughter (Summer) has been really happy to go to school since the 'chat'. We have spoke about it at home since and she says that she realises that she is a sensitive person, and the squabbles at school dont really constitute as bullying. I have got it all to come havent i? As she goes through the years.

Im sorry you struggle with anxiety, I do too! My medication has been lowered since i started nursing so im feeling quite positive at the moment. I have ups and downs. Im a mental health nurse, and i guess working in this professional has normalised it for me, and made it easier to cope with.

I do need to increase my syns, but i know that this weekend we are going away to visit family, there will be birthday cake and alcohol so im being quite strict now to compensate a little. I dont want to splurge at the weekend, but just have enough to feel socially included ;)

Hi

There are many of us on here going it alone, we support each other as well as others who go to groups we are one happy SW family!

I love the curry recipe, I've cooked it several times, it's totally yummy!

Scan bran - I have to be in the right frame if mind for them! Lol but have tried most of the recipes, they all work out real good.

Good luck and let us know how you get in, when is you WI day going to be?

Hey :)

Im finding this group much more supportive than the last group I went to. I love the on tap discussion :D

My weigh day is Monday xx

Hi

I also WI on a Monday!

I've been off plan most of this week, lost focus, for a few days, but back to it tomorrow 100% dint want to undo all the work I've done in the last few weeks.

Enjoy, any questions, just ask. I sign up in line for the first 3 months if this year so have some if the up to date info. :)

Ive got major food guilt today. Last night I made the half syn roulade and ate the whole thing!!! I know its only half a syn for the lot, but id already eaten my tea, and tons and tons of fruit and a yogurt. I just had a really hungry day and feel guilty as i felt id over eaten. I guess at least i stuck to plan. 4 syns for the day is good i guess. onwards and upwards.

Breakfast: Magic pancakes, fat free greek yog, blueberries and strawberries (NOM)
Lunch: Massive bowl of super speed soup, banana, apple.
Dinner: Roasted squash, onions, peppers, tomatos, sweet pots, garlic, couscous and spicy chicken.
Snacks: raspberries, kiwi and blueberries with fat free Greek yoghurt(1tbsp jam...syns?) and a pear.

Feel like I'm constantly eating but trying to keep the faith as I know it works

xx

Last edited:
No feeling guilty about food! You were on plan all day, loaded up on superfree - a half-syn roulade isn't going to do any damage. Glad you found it that tasty really, mine went in the bin when I tried it out lol

My brother is studying to be a mental health nurse too, he might come in handy if I go off the deep end again :rolleyes:

Hope you have a lovely weekend with the family xx

Hi there, sounds like you're doing well so far - don't swear the roulade, as you said, it's only half a syn, even if it might not be sensible to cook it and eat it all every day, a one-off isn't going to do much damage.

I'm going to group this time round and have found it really supportive and helpful, but I know what you mean about unsupportive groups and consultants. It doesn't seem worth paying a fiver a week just to stand on the scales, if you're not getting anything else from it...

Last time round, I lost 6st 1lb going it alone, so it can be done! (Although then I was ill and on steroids and met a new bloke who loves to cook, so I managed to put 3st back on over a year, hence why I'm doing it all over again! :eek:)

Good luck for your journey x

No feeling guilty about food! You were on plan all day, loaded up on superfree - a half-syn roulade isn't going to do any damage. Glad you found it that tasty really, mine went in the bin when I tried it out lol

My brother is studying to be a mental health nurse too, he might come in handy if I go off the deep end again :rolleyes:

Hope you have a lovely weekend with the family xx

I loved it! I would have eaten a scabby cow between two slices of wood though to be honest, it was on of those days.

Most of us have ventured into the deep end ;) you are not alone.

Had a nightmare journey and got lost but am here now xx

Hi there, sounds like you're doing well so far - don't swear the roulade, as you said, it's only half a syn, even if it might not be sensible to cook it and eat it all every day, a one-off isn't going to do much damage.

I'm going to group this time round and have found it really supportive and helpful, but I know what you mean about unsupportive groups and consultants. It doesn't seem worth paying a fiver a week just to stand on the scales, if you're not getting anything else from it...

Last time round, I lost 6st 1lb going it alone, so it can be done! (Although then I was ill and on steroids and met a new bloke who loves to cook, so I managed to put 3st back on over a year, hence why I'm doing it all over again! :eek:)

Good luck for your journey x

Glad you have found a supportive group. It makes all the difference. The group I was with originally were like my extended family... Then I relocated 140 miles an nothing seems the same.

This forum feels like a great support to me though so fingers crossed

Thanks for the reassurance regarding the half syn cake. I had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning (sshhhh I know I know lol) and it looks great :)

Xx

Well we hit the road this afternoon. I'm here now and feel prepared and confident. This weekend is a bit of a test, it's my nieces 6th birthday party...14 children, tons of food, sweets, cake, alcohol. I have brought my own tea, yogurts, fruit, options etc. my sister has been understanding about it and I feel much better. Come on Alison. You can survive this!! Xx

Hey Hun, I am on my first day ever of slimming world and going it along too-Think i will be stealing some of your recipes :) I like the sound of the curry and am off to goggle these pancakes :)

Good luck with your weekend, YOU can do it hun :) xxxx

Hey Hun, I am on my first day ever of slimming world and going it along too-Think i will be stealing some of your recipes :) I like the sound of the curry and am off to goggle these pancakes :)

Good luck with your weekend, YOU can do it hun :) xxxx

Hey Jules!!! Welcome :)

The magic pancakes are...
35g porridge oats (hex B)
A mullet light (I like it with toffee flavour)
3 eggs
Tbsp sweetener
• mix the oats with the muller and leave in fridge over night.
• in the morning, whisk the eggs and sweetener into the oat mixture.
• Get a non stick frying pan good and hot with fry light, drop large spoonfuls of the mixture in the pan.
• Wait until the underside is cooked, then flip.

I have sweetened fat free Greek yogurt and fresh berries with mine. It really sets you up for the day.

Well we are all organised for this party tomorrow. It's teddy bear picnic themed. I have just baked 42 teddy shaped cookies ready for the little ones to decorate at the party, and a ton of sausage rolls. I had an options hot chocolate while I was baking. That was such a test of my will! I know it sounds so simple, but breaking these habits is so hard xx

Oh god, sausage rolls baking would have broken me :drool:

Hope you enjoy the party, you can always have a flexible syns day if temptation gets too, umm, tempting lol Just keep counting things and you'll feel in control :)

Thank you-I made them this morning, but just put 2 eggs they were yummy :) I found them filling.

Mine weakness would have been the biscuits, I hope your little one has a fab party :) a teddy bears party that`s soooo cute :)

xxxx

Back