Extra Easy Going it Alone!

dawnyp

Hi All,
I have done SW for many years and had sucess. I have about 2stone to lose and cannot get to a group or want to do online so am armed with all my SW books and printed my own food diary and know the basics.
Not having the syn value to hand anymore and with lot sof new products and no phone app thingy - is there a way to check syn value online? It's not lots of things but the new muller light greek yogurts, for example and packets of pilau rice. I make most things from scratch and use SW magazines and recipes.
Also, I cannot see it in any books but I have a teaspoon of coconut oil [solid] in my porridge each morning - cannot find the syn value for this?
Any help is very much appreciated.:confused:
Dawn
x

Hi Dawn,

Good luck with your journey! I'm an at-home weigher too and know how well it can work - with the support of this lovely place :)

Muller Greek yohgurts are 1/2 syn each. For the rice, it depends on the brand but a Google search gives you the syn value of most things - that's what I normally do.

Are you going to start a food diary? x

HI,
yes I have a food diary to hand and need to buy some bathroom scales and decide on a day for weigh in. I thought the mullers were 1/2 syn as they were just coming out when I stopped attending my last group. So do you simply put the food in Google and ask for the syn value for SW?
x

Yep, I would normally do "syns in muller greek toffee" for example - usually MiniMins is the top result and you'll find a thread with your answer. There is a search function within the site but I never find it works for me, so going via Google is better.

Good luck for your first WI x

I've recently returned and am doing SW on my own. I too do a google search for syn values, although I did buy some up to date books, as after being on here for a couple of weeks, I found some stuff in the old books had now changed.
Good luck with your goals.

Back