Going out for a meal!!!

jojo_1625

Hi all

I'm going out for a rare meal with my hubby on Saturday. I don't wanna b fussy ie can't eat that don't want that... So I'm just gonna hav what ever.
But if I do 4 or four PP days after.. Do you think that would get me back on track after? I'm gutted to upset my diet but we hardly get the chance to go out since our little ones have arrived... What would you guys suggest?

Jo

Dukan is against messing around with extra pp days once out of attack, although it seems popular here. I personally have enjoyed lovely meals out, but have chosen meat, fish and veg type dishes, avoided carbs and anything too fatty. I was never a dessert fan anyway, but have enjoyed some wine too. Those weeks meant i lost 1lb rather than my usual 2lb a week. Maybe up the exercise for a few days instead? Thats what i did. Enjoy your meal!

Hi Jo

Personally, I would say enjoy your meal and treat it as a Gala Meal. Have exactly what you want, then immediately get back on plan. No need to do 4 PP days.

Honestly, there will be very little (if any) damage. The tough thing is making sure you only have one meal off plan.

Enjoy - I know exactly what you mean about hardly going out when kiddies are involved!! :D

P x

Popular here to come off the diet and do PP days to get back on track? Not in my day!!
I'd go somewhere I could have a seafood platter as a treat. Or a humungous steak.

How long have you been on the diet, jojo? Your statistics would suggest that you don't start until 23/08

If you can have sashimi, that'll be fine. No rice though. Can you choose a more Dukan friendly place? Or at least consult the menu first, and choose then... and not change your mind while there!

Basically, you say you're doing well, so continuing the diet is easy. Getting back in the saddle after a fall is hard... very hard... and, you must have seen since you've joined, sometimes impossible. Plus, the more restarts one has, the less the diet actually works.

Take it from one who unfortunately knows ;)

100% of the eating places ive been to have swapped chips or potatoes for salad or extra veg .... its not worth coming off then doing extra PPs each time you do that it gets harder and harder and you never get truly back in the zone as you will see by a lot of the diarys on here ;)

I went out the other day and ordered a steak, no sauce and just didn't eat the veg and chips...

X

LittlestWookie said:
I went out the other day and ordered a steak, no sauce and just didn't eat the veg and chips...

X

I got an extra bit steak by asking for no chips or veg with it! C

I've gone out a few times and had soup to start (brought my own dukan bread), then a steak (no sauce) with loads of veg or salmon (no sauces) with loads of veg and I've lost every time I weighed in on my weigh in days. You probably don't want to hear this but I think making excuses to eat what you want, this early on, is setting yourself up to fail.

Back