Going out for dinner..

nibbs

Hiyaa,

This weekend my mum is coming up to see me at uni and were planning on going out for brunch one day.. There's a pancake cafe (sounds lush!) which were eyeing up, but I'm wondering what the best way to point is when out for a meal? The evening meal is fine as I'm cooking for us at home, I can control and track what I make then :)
Thanks x

Is it a well known place? If so I might be able to find it in my eating out guide. Otherwise if we work out pancake points then you make sensible topping choices. If tea is really low too you should be fine x

I don't think so, it's an independent place in town :( do you happen to know the points for individual ingredients for pancakes? Am I right in thinking eggs are 1.5 each? I figured that if I have a low scoring main meal, and we always lay in so the pancakes would be more of a brunch, then providing I'm sensible with portions and toppings, it should all balance out? X

So had a look at Hugh f-w pancake recipe and it worked out at about 2.5 per pancake (allowing for a point of oil per pancake though it may be more?) Who knows in a restaurant? And we've no idea on size at your place. Actually this is a hard one! Maybe someone else will have a better idea?
Looking in my book I've found a crepe and a pancake both with chocolate and banana for 8 points, perhaps this could be your guide?

Ah man. I thought pancakes might be simple! If I save my 4points a day for the whole week, plus have a sensible pointed evening meal, I think I should be okay, hopefully won't do too much damage :/ what do you think? X

I think that'll be plenty, Wed Thu and Fri, 4 points a day would give you 12 to play with. Hard work though! :)

Yeah that's what I thought, will be strict on myself the next few days , and just think of my pancake breakfast as a reward! Thanks :) x

Yummmm!

Back