Going solo to going to class converts

I prefer to do it on my own at home and using this forum for support. Years ago I went to a class and found it really boreing as we had to hang around for about an hour or longer for everyone to be weighed and then go through losses and gains and a couple of tips. I could not stand wasting time this way so I would pop in get weighed and went home.
After 6-7 years I started doing SW on my own at home and finding that I am doing alright so far. I put the group money away every week so I can trat myself with something nice on my birthday, Easter and summer...

I've paid 12 week upfront subscription to keep going to be weighed at least & I shall give class a couple of goes , if it's the same clapping thing every week I shall tell her that I find it tedious & will explain that I don't find that part useful so won't be staying to class !!
It would be a good idea to have a wall chart & you could have a magnetic sticker with your name on , if you want to show everyone else how you're doing then you could put it on the chart & all it needs to be is something with Zero/stay the same in the middle & then go up & down in increments of 1/2llbs !! Simples !!! It would also give a much bigger overview of how the class in general are doing !
I may even suggest it !!

I signed up to the 12 week countdown too, and agree with everyone about the clapping - it was like being back at school. I thought the image therapy bit would be about sharing ideas and recipes, not going round everyone in the group setting mini targets and analysing their losses/gains. The one I attended had 80 members, and about 20 stayed for IT. Unless I need advice or am not losing I think I will be a weigh n go gal.

nutcasefootball said:
I agree! I dont stay to class even though our c is really good , i hate spending 30-40 mins clapping everones weight loss. I love slimming world but i think you get so much more out of weight watchers meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with you totally,also I find it very embarrasing when she says " .... Has had a gain ,do yoy know why or where you expecting it?" I always want to say " yes it's because I stuffed my face!!!!!"

I will not go to a class for the reasons already mention. About 10 years ago I did SW and just went in to get weighed and came home straight away. At the time I felt that if I had to report to C then I would be motivayed to keep the weight off. I only stayed the first evening when I registered and found it so boreing hence never stayed.

A month ago I started SW on my own and joined this forum. Have lost 10.5lbs with falling off the wagon once which as soon as I realised got back on the plan.

I keep the weekly glass money in a jar and going to treat myself on special occassions - buying something for my birthday or going to theatre.

Back