Going to Edin for wed anniversary - food ideas??

TRICKYTREE

Hi

Going to Edinburgh for a few days at the weekend for our 20th wedding anniversary and just a bit concerned as I have not put any weight or sts whilst on Slimming World, so really don't want to ruin it BUT I know there will be nice places to eat etc and don't want to be a boring person....

At Premier Inn so can have a healthy breakfast every day and can live on free foods in the day but what about the night???

Have looked in my food directory and the syns are horrendous for eating out......1/4 pizza and salad bar me thinks...

Any ideas please.....

Have a lovely day
xx

HAHA If you're in Edinburgh, you're only a short train journey from me.. come eat at my house...LOL

Seriously though, Edinburgh's a big place, I'm sure there will be healthier options at most places, might not be syn free, but you can make better choices. But mostly I would say enjoy yourself, maybe save the syns up for those few days, eat healthy when you can, but then you have syns saved for if there isn't a healthy choice?

I think as Mummy Helen said, But remember its your anniversairy, for that one night, enjoy yourself, have a nice meal with your hubby and get back on plan straight after. 20yr anniversairy only happens once. In the first 3 months doing SW it was each of our birthdays, so we went out for dinner,(stuck to plan all day and then had a full indian, creamy currys and popadoms and alcohol for my friends, fish and chips at the seaside for mine, and all you can eat chinese buffet for hubbys. we also had big family party the next month and ate and drank a LOT..... but straight back on plan the next day . still lost 2lbs a week.

There will be healthy(er) options available for lunchs etc jacket potato etc

Yeah I totally agree, I would just enjoy yourself. That's a mighty achievement and you deserve to celebrate. If you're really set on sticking to plan, just try and order foods that are the closest to free. For example; jacket potato or new potatoes might be better for you than chips and mash, boiled rice is better than egg fried rice... grilled chicken would be better than deep fried chicken... and so forth!

Either way, have a wonderful time! :)

Emily

Back