Extra Easy going to fina;lly start extra easy

chann83

Good morning all, So have done the red diet two years ago and did pretty well. We didnt have the extra easy plan in Malta. I have been wanting to try the ee plan for a year now but it seems so good to be true that I gave up before starting but am going to try hard now (even though I cant understand how you can eat both carbs and protein). Any tips from you out there? So far I have had two slices brown bread for breakfast, have an apple and orange as a snack and some rice salad for lunch.

EE is really good but you must have your 1/3 superfree with every meal (fruit and non starchy veg). So you should have had some sort of sf for your brekkie to go with your bread and your rice salad should contain a third sf or have extra salad with it

Its great to be able to eat "normal" meals

I'm used to red too, can't get my head round EE!

Trying an ee day but only had a muller light for breakfast, is that not ok? Lunch was ok, chicken mugshot with lots of carrot and cucumber sticks and cherry tom's. Tea is salmon roasted with courgettes, tomatoes and shallots. Will have with new potatoes and brocolli. Is that enough sf?

Thanks! Sorry to hijack, hopefully someone will reply before tea lol :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I'm used to red too, can't get my head round EE!

Trying an ee day but only had a muller light for breakfast, is that not ok? Lunch was ok, chicken mugshot with lots of carrot and cucumber sticks and cherry tom's. Tea is salmon roasted with courgettes, tomatoes and shallots. Will have with new potatoes and brocolli. Is that enough sf?

Thanks! Sorry to hijack, hopefully someone will reply before tea lol :)

On the days I have a mullerlight for breakfast I try have a piece of fruit with it or mid-morning. Some meals I seem to only just reach the 1/3 of superfree on my plate, but at others I have loads more and try make most of my snacks superfree, I figure its got to even out to loads more than 1/3 over the course of the day.

The whole point of the 1/3 superfree rule is to limit the amount of free food that you eat at a meal. Example if you ate enough spag bol to feel full you would eat less spag bol to feel full if you also had a salad with it. Hope that makes sense (it does in my head)

So eating free food to feel satisfied then having fruit after isnt doing it properly as the fruit isnt limiting the free element

Only EE - though its recommended for all plans

I get it! Although, am sure if I had put a load of fruit on my yoghurt this morning, I still would have eaten it all?!

Inthat case you would - its more for the main meal type things that you'd notice a difference in amount eaten. Think of a roast. Imagine how much extra meat/potato you would eat if you had no carrots/cabbage etc with it?

Yes, I wasn't suggesting eat the superfree later so you could eat more of the free, sorry I wasn't clear with that. I have the yogurt when I need a super quick breakfast and save the piece of fruit I had planned to eat with it for later when I have more time- I'm not eating more than planned.

At our group when people have slow losses or no loss they are told to up their superfree but I dont think its ever really explained why - and people just look confused like "to lose weight I need to eat more?"!!!!

At our group when people have slow losses or no loss they are told to up their superfree but I dont think its ever really explained why - and people just look confused like "to lose weight I need to eat more?"!!!!

Its hard to get your head around sometimes lol I sit down to eat with a huge salad or veg stir fry and even though logically I know eating all that veg will help I still find myself wondering how I can possibly lose weight eating all that. :)

Umm, it is confusing eat more and loose weight but for someone like me, eating alot of veggies kills my day :( Can someone please correct my eating plan for today. I have had 2 slices of brown bread with chicken ham toasted for breakkie (no superfree foods), a little bit of couscous with tuna and sweet corn for lunch ( half a tsp of ee olive oil which adds up to one syn), an apple for mid morning snack, and a muller fat free for late after noon snack. Hubby cooking dinner tonight and am having skinless chicken leg, with roasties (the oxo cube version) and of course......the lovely cauliflower with bacon. How have I done today?

Umm, it is confusing eat more and loose weight but for someone like me, eating alot of veggies kills my day :( Can someone please correct my eating plan for today. I have had 2 slices of brown bread with chicken ham toasted for breakkie (no superfree foods), a little bit of couscous with tuna and sweet corn for lunch ( half a tsp of ee olive oil which adds up to one syn), an apple for mid morning snack, and a muller fat free for late after noon snack. Hubby cooking dinner tonight and am having skinless chicken leg, with roasties (the oxo cube version) and of course......the lovely cauliflower with bacon. How have I done today?

You also havent had any superfree for lunch as sweetcorn is a starchy veg and not sf (same with peas and spuds). I'm 99.9% sure thats correct!!!

Ps - enjoy Italy!!!

Thanks Jen3 :) ok naughty with the corn but did well with dinner as had load of veggies cooked in an interesting way. I live minimins

Back