Going to join on Weds, advice please?

Sez

has started again!!
I know I've posted here before, but after another disaster at CD I have decided that I WILL join WW this week and try to get a handle on this diet malarky!!!

So my question is CORe plan or POINTS? I am not quite sure which would be best, even after looking at the web site. Alos if I pay this monthly DD thing, so I can use the online stuff, does that mean I dont pay each week at group??

Sorry, I am being so dim arent I???? Must be the thought of dieting all over again, sent me into a tail spin!!!

Thanks in advance!

Its hard to say what youd find easier theyre so different. Personally I prefer points, cos I can eat what I want when I want and nothing is off limit. I found Core too restrictive when I did it, only being able to eat 3 times a day put me back to the mindset that things were forbidden and I ended up obsessed with food for the entire week lol Other people who do it (my mum included) swear by it as it means they dont need to bother about counting points. Its really hard to say what would suit you best.

The Montly pass is good, saves you paying every week, its cheaper and gives you online access but as we've been discussing elsewhere dont rely on it for accuracy, first time your using something on your tracker double check it yourself with your points calculator.

Thanks for the tips. I have my 18th anniversary on 24 Oct, & we already have a meal out booked, so I will ask which plan will be work with that, then see how I go!

Thank for tips re paying monthly too, I am pretty sure that is the way I will go.

Portion sizes are an issue for me, in that I always overload, in cooking and eating!! Perhaps I should start on Points and re-assess later!!

Cheers all!

Hi I joined back last week at ww and am back on points, I find it suits me better than the core plan but I think it's each to their own.
Good luck and I am sure you will make the bext decision for you :)

Hi and welcome. I think Marie has a good point - start off on points to get you used to portion control and then if you fancy Core you can change, you can swap between the two as many times as you want as long as you give each plan at least a week. I did Core for a month but didn't lose any weight because I just don't know when to stop eating and Points forces me to practice portion control.

The monthly pass is definintely the way forward, really is a good saving.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Thanks again everyone! I am pretty certain I will have a go at points, but will tell more after I join on Weds!! Will def buy the monthly pass, as I reckon it will keep me going!

Can I also ask, what is a realistic loss by Xmas pl? And also, bearing in mind Xmas is in the middle, what do think I could achieve by next Easter? (Our Florida trip....aaargh!!!)

Last edited:
HI sez welcome to ww, i started on the points plan a few weeks ago but i had to switch to core because i need to be disaplined... one taste of chocolate and id spend the whole days points on it!!

On ww you should aim to lose 1-2lb a week. Calculating 2lbs a week until april is 3st, 10lb...( I know because i go to New York 2 weeks before)

So if we put 100% effort into it we should have great weight loss for the USA!!

Good Luck :hug99:

HI sez welcome to ww, i started on the points plan a few weeks ago but i had to switch to core because i need to be disaplined... one taste of chocolate and id spend the whole days points on it!!

On ww you should aim to lose 1-2lb a week. Calculating 2lbs a week until april is 3st, 10lb...( I know because i go to New York 2 weeks before)

So if we put 100% effort into it we should have great weight loss for the USA!!

Good Luck :hug99:

That sounds great, just about where I want to be. It wont be goal, but will be nearer to my lowest weight yet, so I have an idea of the size clothes etc!! I just hope I dont let Xmas mess it all for me. This time last year I was pretty much at my lowest weight ever. I "took a break" for Xmas and, well..... the rest is history, as they say!:eek:

Then I was on LL, I have since tried CD, then briefly dabbled with low carb.... I now know that I need a proper relationship with food, and I know I long term weight loss program is most likely what will help me with that. I have tried SW many, many times, in fact I was a SW consultant briefly, many years ago. I went back to that earlier this year too, but complacency had set in big time.:break_diet: The old "I can do this on head" thing caught up with me and KABOOM, I failed yet again.

WW will (I hope) offer me a new challenge, and this time I hope I can rise to it and not be a fat blobby blimp for the rest of my days! :cry:

Just wanted to say best of luck! You can do this! We're all with you xx

Back