Going to meetings

I'm going to my first meeting tomorrow night..... At last!

How long do the meetings tend to last for in total? ....... Just could do with a rough idea of how long I'll be out the house for when leaving the baby!!

Also.... Now this is going to sound like a really girly thing to ask, but....

What do people tend to wear to them? Do you wear the same thing each week so that it doesn't effect your weights from week to week?

Also do people tend to wear make up and done their hair etc.?? I'm so used to my mum and baby groups where all the mums make such an effort :eek:

It depends how big the group is, but roughly 1.5 hours I would say.
Group 1 for us starts at 5:30, weigh shuts at 6 but because of having so many members can run to 6:10pm.
Then image therapy is about an hour.
Group 2 starts at 7:30pm for weigh, When I attended that one it ended 8:45pm as it's a smaller group.

I personally put on some eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and sometimes lip gloss. Hair's tied back or a brush is just rammed through it.
Not everyone wears makeup though.
For weigh I wear leggings and a tank top. I wear the same weekly. :) (I weighed my jeans, they are 1.4lbs heavier than my leggings.)
I get changed in the loos right before weigh. I also take my shoes off lol.

Some people go in their pyjamas, others make an effort. It's really up to you! For me I always wear something light, but not necessarily the same thing. Usually leggings and a vest top, or a cotton dress. Don't worry too much. Groups are always friendly and welcoming. It can seem a bit daunting at first but it's great to have that group discussion. If you've got daft questions, just ask - everything has been asked before and there's lots of group wisdom. Good luck!

I always wear the same thing every week, leggings and a lightweight top, also socks!

I wear whatever an go looking however time allowes me lol I take both my kids an run the shop finding the right group is key everyone in my group is lovley an welcoming doors open at 9 weighing starts about 9.30 an then 10.30 group normally done by 11.30, everyone has there own rituals I do make sure I wee before I weigh that's a defo good luck hope you enjoy it

Back