Going to my first group on Tuesday- nervous!

Vornstar

Hello! Happy to be here!

I'm going to my first SW group on Tuesday. The reason I'm doing SW is because I want to keep the weight off and it seems like a sensible way of doing it. I've done Cambridge Diet in the past and piled the weight back on.

I want to lose just over 2 stone. I'm currently 10st 3lbs (I'm 4ft 11" so this makes me rather overweight!) I'm getting married in August so want to lose some weight before then.

I have a few questions for you seasoned SWers!

1) Is Slimming World easy to do on a budget? I'm a nursing student so perpetually skint!

2) If I struggle with the classes (will be on shift work soon so that will make it hard for me to attend) can I do it at home? Will I be given the materials?

3) Do you think my weight loss goal is realistic?

Thank you! :D

Hello! Happy to be here!

I'm going to my first SW group on Tuesday. The reason I'm doing SW is because I want to keep the weight off and it seems like a sensible way of doing it. I've done Cambridge Diet in the past and piled the weight back on.

I want to lose just over 2 stone. I'm currently 10st 3lbs (I'm 4ft 11" so this makes me rather overweight!) I'm getting married in August so want to lose some weight before then.

I have a few questions for you seasoned SWers!

1) Is Slimming World easy to do on a budget? I'm a nursing student so perpetually skint!

2) If I struggle with the classes (will be on shift work soon so that will make it hard for me to attend) can I do it at home? Will I be given the materials?

3) Do you think my weight loss goal is realistic?

Thank you! :D

Hi Vornsar and :welcome2: to the SW forum!

I personally love the plan as I hardly ever feel as though I have to go without anything and I still see the weight coming off!

In answer to your questions:
1) It's as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. You don't HAVE to buy any processed food at all (which is what I find makes it expensive). The most expensive thing I buy tends to be fruit and veggies, but you can find cheaper places to buy, such as Aldi, and you can buy a lot of fruit and veg frozen.

2) You can tell your Consultant that you are a shift worker and I think you only have to go to each alternate meeting (can someone with more experience correct me?). You will get your materials in the first meeting and have the plan explained to you. Your C is there for you whenever you have a query or are struggling, but if you find that the classes aren't for you then you can stop going. You will lose out on the online access to Syns etc. though.

3) I think your weight loss goal is perfectly reasonable. Your weight at the moment is obviously too much for your frame so it should come off steadily if you trust in the plan! Even if you don't get everything off before August, you can make a good dent in it!

Hope that helps! xx

1. I think most people find their shopping cost does go up slightly as they're buying so much more fresh fruit and veg than usual. However, there are lots of threads around here with ideas for SW on a budget so I'm sure its doable. Have a look around and find some ideas.

2. I believe SW give a helping hand to those that do shift work and allow them to swap around groups to fit them and/or skip weeks where they can't make it. I'm not 100% sure as I don't go to group but I've seen lots of people here doing it along with shift work. One of them will be able to help you. In your first meeting you will get the starter pack with most of the important info you need so I think you'd be prepared to do it at home if it ever came to that.

3. Your goal weight is definitely achievable. Have a read of some of the success stories on the Inspirational Photos section and you'll see just how much weight some people lose in a short space of time.

Welcome and good luck

Yes you can go to any slimming world group each week to have your weigh in. If I can't make it on my day I go to a different group on diff day so I still have my weigh in

All above are right, when you sign the "Registration Form" there is a "tick box" especially for shift workers, make sure you speak to your consultant.... this means they don't charge you the weekly fee if you miss a week as you were working, but, as said above, you do have the option of attending a different group.

I bought the 13 week package as it saves quite a bit, but hubby didn't bother as he is a shift worker and misses too many to make that a viable option.

Back