Going to strangle my son!!

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
he sent a text to my sister in law asking her to buy him alcohol for tonight.

he is 15, in year 11. I want to beat him, but it's no worse than what i was doing at his age.

just disappointed that he didnt come to either myself or his dad.

It is difficult isn't it? Why does he think your SIL is a good bet for getting him some?

he sent a text to my sister in law asking her to buy him alcohol for tonight.

he is 15, in year 11. I want to beat him, but it's no worse than what i was doing at his age.

just disappointed that he didnt come to either myself or his dad.

Just out of interest, what would you have done if he had come to you?

Bought fags to go with the booze? I'm a bad parent and grandparent though ;)

:D

I think the ideal situation is if kids can come to mum or dad. That way you can monitor what they are doing and control those teenage desires a bit.

As I recall when I was underage and drinking (not particularly proud or ashamed - it was something everybody did in our area) my parents would never have entertained the notion of me drinking - monitored or otherwise.

It was always an older mate, or mate's big brother or sister who would do the honours.

Must be even harder being a parent these days!

I must admit I did buy alcohol for my daughter when she had a big after prom party, she was just 16, but I brought it knowing what she was drinking and how much. She is quite sensible when it comes to drink as we as a family don't drink a lot [I'm tea total].

SAdly we expect our kids to come to us with our problems sadly they don't.

A least its not like mine who ran up £1000 on a credit card and the first I knew was when I accidently opened his bill. Now that was scary.:eek:

I was lucky with my 2 boys, they were very late developers! But I can remember getting a load of beer cans in for Xmas, (they would be 15 and 18) and telling the youngest that 11 am was not appropriate to start drinking! Luckily they both seemed to have turned out ok.
My Dad always gave me a sip of his beer from me being very young. And he was the strictest of disciplinarians!

Alcohol is a tough call with teenagers. Luckily my 2 are not into it yet (daughter is 14, son 16) but I have provided the odd bottle recently for my son on a sleepover here as his mates will indulge.

I have always taken the view that alcohol should not be a banned substance ... daugher will occasionally take a small glass of wine ( I don't take with this watering down nonsense) and she adores a Bucks Fizz.

I know friends have more trouble than me. it's such a tough call though in this age where alcohol is such a big part of being sociable and fitting in.

I was lucky with my 2 boys, they were very late developers! But I can remember getting a load of beer cans in for Xmas, (they would be 15 and 18) and telling the youngest that 11 am was not appropriate to start drinking! Luckily they both seemed to have turned out ok.
My Dad always gave me a sip of his beer from me being very young. And he was the strictest of disciplinarians!

Ha ha, love it, have memories of mum telling me and my brothers the exact same thing!! x

Bought fags to go with the booze? I'm a bad parent and grandparent though ;)

But I bet you had a great sense of humour with them maxiless !!!

I tried to make sure that all my sons friends came to us, we were lucky and had a barn they could play their dreadful music in and they did party there. We picked them and dropped them off if called on to do so.

They did have a tipple but not in excess at least not that I knew of.

I was more worried when he went to London to university that he would come into contact with drugs.

He went to my sil as she he thinks she would be the easiest one to get drink out of.
spoke to him when he got home and he said that he was going to be round his friend's house watching sport and having a couple of beers. we said to him that if he wanted to do that then he needs to come to us and ask, then i would have gone to his friend's mum and checked that this would be okay.
however he changed his mind and went football coaching instead.

My dad used to let me drink indoors from a fairly young age (not loads) so that when I wanted to go out and drink with my friends I wouldn't go stupid and 'respect' it as such.
I've only ever been absolutely trashed about 5 times in my life (i'm 28).
I always like to know what i'm doing and how I'll be getting home etc

You make it sound like a bad thing! - I bet your brother-in-law wished he had done the same!:cool:

It's not so much the drinking, he didnt act too bad, it was the vomit later. and i still made him get up to do his paper round and he had to referee a football match.

i have a 13,12 and 8 year old they have all had the odd sip the 2 oldest cant stand the taste but the youngest likes it !!!!! However my mother is an alcoholic and they have seen how she is and i think it has put them off alcohol.

Back