Going to strangle...........

ruthiebusybee

...............a bloke at work who keeps making comments about what I'm eating!

What a fecking cheek!

Do some people not have filters?

Oh i love that sort of commenter.

Can you eat this? are you sure.

Throw your Food Optomising book at him.........hehe! x

Exactly!

You could probably understand it if I was eating a Big Mac followed by KFC but it was a salad bowl (albeit a large one) with ham, which was pretty nasty so I ate only half of it, and threw the rest, and then had a free Batchelors Pot Noodle shot thing to fill the gap.

So not a synfull lunch at all.

He doesn't know I'm doing SW, so it was purely a comment about how much he deemed me to be eating! F***wit!

Sorry for the language, but he has really riled me on a day that I just don't need it!

He is obviously the type of colleague we all have - they dont understand SW and think all diets are lettuce leaves and water.

Dont let this person get to you - just keep at SW and show them how it DOES work - and sit there all smug in your smaller clothes! xxx

Unfortunately here is not much you can do about that sort of sheer ignorance and bad manners.

My goodness, how rude to comment on what someone is eating, diet or otherwise.

Feel sorry for him Ruthie because when you are sylph like and even more beautiful he will still be a dull ignoramus.

Who on earth does he think he is?! Cheeky so and so.
Don't worry about the language, seems justified to me lol

I always find it difficult when on a diet as to whether to tell the people at work or not, if you do then they shower you with questions and comment everytime you eat something they deem not to be salad, or if you dont then people comment on the fact you arent going to McDonalds every lunchtime, especially if you, like me, work in a town centre where the usual lunch is a beer and burger!
I find the moment a diet has a name ie SW, or WW then it is suddenly a "fad diet" and know-it-all will explain to you "its a simple matter of burning more calories than you eat... no need for a fad diet..." Really? Then why are you fatter than me huh Mr Man? Sorry rant over lol. Just sharing the rage!

Ha ha, yes, the amount of times I have heard (from a particular person, who is otherwise lovely, but a very lean sports freak who eats and eats and goesn't gain weight in any situation) that you simply need to "eat less, move more".

What a wonderful insight that is - coz none of us had EVER thought of that had we?!!!!!!!!

:)

Why is that thin people think they can be rude to overweight people and it's OK :eek: ?

Ignore him, carry on eating your free foods and losing your weight - not worth the space (but definitiely worth the rant:mad: !)

I feel for you :( There was a girl in my group and she got really upset this one night because she had told a colleague that she was on SW and they did the exact same, commenting on everything and assuming that she was eating the wrong foods because it wasn't salad all the time. Ooooo I hate those kinds of people!!!

I've got my nasty head on, try turning tables and comment on his clothes and why is he wearing that, doesn't he want to look smart/nice/young whatever fits, if he calls you on it tell him you're confused about your relationship since he feels he has the right to critique your eating habits!!!

My guess is he fancies you and this is his version of small talk!

i've got my nasty head on, try turning tables and comment on his clothes and why is he wearing that, doesn't he want to look smart/nice/young whatever fits, if he calls you on it tell him you're confused about your relationship since he feels he has the right to critique your eating habits!!!

My guess is he fancies you and this is his version of small talk!

dear god - please nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

My dad used to make comments about what i was eating (even before slimming world)

i decided to start saying "is it ok with you if i eat this sir?" every time i wanted to nom something. and i mean every time. there was one time i actually woke him up to ask him if i was ok to eat a piece of fruit

he soon stopped LOL

i really feel for you hun, because i know how much it can get to people. its easy to say "just ignore him" but i know it doesnt help.

hit him over the head with the big directory, that can pack a mean punch :))

Back