Going to Thorpe Park on Friday!

Sez

has started again!!
On of my catalysts that pushed me to LL was last summer when we went to Alton Towers. I love the big scary rides, but I was so fat that I could not fit in the safety harnesses etc. I was sooo ashamed.:wave_cry: It sort of festered for a while, and a few others things happened that made me think..hmmmm, maybe I should do something. Anyway, Christmas came & went with all the over indulgence that brings, and my daughter had her 8th birthday in early Feb. When I saw the video of me at her party, whacking the pinata with my vast bulk waddling around, and (Heaven help me) even trying to do the Casper Slide with the kids, I knew it was now or never.

I looked seriously into gastric surgery, got all the details and was prepared to head off to my GP for a referral. I told a friend of mine about my thoughts & she pushed me onto a mutual acquaintance who was on LL. My OH (and oddly enough my GP) were and still are, very anti gastric bands, bypass etc., so LL seemed like a godsend.

Anyway, the upshot of all this is that tomorrow we are taking the family to Thorpe Park,:character00182: and I really really hope that after a 5 stone(ish) loss so far, I will be able to ride on all those thrill rides that I could not at Alton Towers!! I am soooo excited and am going to press gang my son into riding along with me! (OH is a bit wimpy when to comes to ride!!)

Wish me luck & I will keep you posted afterwards!!:gimi::gimi::gimi:

5xdby9k.gif

Well done for losing so much weight, it's a great achievement & i bet you feel brilliant?!

Good luck with Alton towers tomorrow you'll have a great time jumping on all those rides. you are a braver person than me! I'm scared of the rides, too fast & too high (i hate heights)....xxx

Have a wonderful time! We'll be making the trek there again in the autumn. We made the mistake last time of going on Tidal Wave first as it was by the entrance and there wasn't a queue. It took some time to dry off! Great place for a day out - better than Alton Towers. Do you know about single rider queues? My sons ended up going on Nemesis about 6 times in the space of half an hour (the single rider queue isn't well signed). PM me if you want info.

Hi Sez, we went to Thorpe Park in October last year, I struggled to fit on some of the rides, I think I'd probably fit most of them now though!
I can't wait until I'm a normal size, just to see how my body fits into everyday things like rides, restaurant seats with arms & lastly an aeroplane seat & will I have any more leg room. LOL
Anyway have a great day, don't forget your packs & water & maybe a raincoat for the wet rides!

Thanks for hints and tips guys!

I do know about single rider queues as my son, bless him, went on a few rides solo, last year as Dad is a big woos, and Mum was a big fat rhino.... Poor kid!! He loved it tho, and boy have we got a great pic of him on AIR!! He looks totally terrified!!

Back