Going up to 790/810

suemal

When do you start to go up the plans.Is it when you get to goal.Also ss+ when do you do that.

Last edited:
Hi there

The general guide is BMI 25 + 1 stone but you can move up whenever you like. I did it at about 1.5 stone over my BMI 25.

Gxx

Can you not ss until you have a BMI of something like 23 or 24?
When i did lipotrim before i was about 1 stone under my BMI of 25 when i stopped it.
So when you move up, how long do you stay at each stage & do you loss much on 810 & on the next one up.
Says me worrying about all this when i still have 6 stone to lose lol.

Can you not ss until you have a BMI of something like 23 or 24?
When i did lipotrim before i was about 1 stone under my BMI of 25 when i stopped it.
So when you move up, how long do you stay at each stage & do you loss much on 810 & on the next one up.
Says me worrying about all this when i still have 6 stone to lose lol.

No not allowed to do SS beyond a BMI of 25 plus 1 stone.

You are supposed to stay on each stage for two weeks minimum.

I have done 790 since Week 9, am now on Week 33 and have lost the same amount of weight as on SSing

It might be a good idea for you to do 790 or SS+ with a meal given that you have a fair way to go, just to help you out

The C.O.M.A/N.I.C.E guidance is correct not what some of the CDC's are telling their clients

If you do a search on google you will find the research papers there to read for yourself.

"The BMI 25 plus a stone to START a VLCD is COMA not NICE guidance and has not been changed. If you are already on a VLCD you can SS lower as long as you are on 810 by BMI 25.

So if you are currently on SS or SS+ and your BMI is 26 you can continue until 25."

There is still some information awaiting clarification, but I am in total agreement with what Linda has written.

The COMA/NICE guidlines may very well be what CD HO wish us CDCs to implement and I am very happy to do so (as it states in our Policy & Procedures manual 7.18) and I explain the rules to my customers but you are missing the point SBTG that the literature we supply to our customers does not reflect this very important policy and is in fact confusing and misleading in many places. So many times I have had from customers in the past and now presently:

"OK you're saying this but the book says that and it's an official CD book so I'm sticking with the book until it says otherwise." If you refer to the post quoted by No-no above (number 6) you will see that according to the new yellow book one of my customers believes you can SS+ down to BMI 20 due to wording.

If HO want us to implement the COMA/NICE guidlines then they should really have ensured that this important information was presented across the whole range of customer literature as clearly and as unambiguously as possible before publishing them.

Sorry, the beginning of my last post was cropped. It should have read:

I am in no position to comment on what some CDCs tell their clients, but I do trust the advice given by my own CDC and Linda (CD Counsellor) who sits on the CDC Committee board.

I am currently querying the BMI +1stone rule and you can view the full thread in the link posted above. Linda posted the following reply:

"The BMI 25 plus a stone to START a VLCD is COMA not NICE guidance and has not been changed. If you are already on a VLCD you can SS lower as long as you are on 810 by BMI 25.

So if you are currently on SS or SS+ and your BMI is 26 you can continue until 25."

There is still some information awaiting clarification, but I am in total agreement with what Linda has written.

The last sentence is incorrect - if you take a look at the sticky posted by Kerensa you will see

Yes I have seen this post. It's also pasted in the thread where my original query is. I'm assuming that the information Linda gave me yesterday supercedes this and am awaiting clarification.

Having got the new Cambridge book yesterday I have to agree that the information contained in it is totally incorrect.

Also, the mushrooms are still missing from the allowed vegetables list.

Why on earth does someone, or several someones, not CHECK the book before it goes to print?

Since the booklets contravene medical guidelines I would assume that those booklets have to be recalled and changed.

The thing is i don't plan on losing anymore than another 20lb ish.My bmi then still won't be 25 probably just above.My idel weight is about 10s 7lb ish,but i'll be quite happy at 11s7lb,i don't want to go mad and look like a stick insect:D,so all this bmi is slightly confussing.When i weighed myself last i was 12s11lb(naked and teattering on the scales) down from 16s8lb and thats just in 8 weeks.I'm too long in the tooth to worry about my bmi.I just want to be happy where i get to.11s7lb seems about right for me,its a damn sight better than 16s8lb.

Back