Gold member?

JaxieD

Silver Member
Hi!!

Can anyone tell me do you have to be within the recommended 'healthy' BMI levels to become a gold member at WW? This has always been an sticking issue with me as If I was to lose that much weight I'd look too thin for my liking (even at the top of the scale) I'd like to settle at around half stone over this but does that mean I'll never be a gold member? Seems rather unfair if that is the case?? I know SW doesn't stipulate this.

No, I believe you have to get to your goal weight and maintain it within a certain amount either side.

Last edited:
To become a gold member u have to have a BMI of 24 or less(within your healthy weight range)

Oh dear!! If that's the case I think that's rather unfair!!:mad: Surely we should be allowed to choose our own goal weight as BMI doesn't take all into consideration (build, frame, muscle mass etc). I'll never be a gold member then :rolleyes:

I think its a case where the goverment set the healthy guideline as max bmi of 24.9 and that is a big difference from the bottom bmi.
Im actually surprised they dont set it at in the middle of the healthy range bmi.
Maybe just see if you can get there and you may feel ok? I know what you mean thou my mum 2 years ago aged 58 lost 4 stone in a year on ww and got to her bmi 24 and looked guant........she lloked great at bmi 26 so that 1/2 stone can make a difference,I wouldnt agree on having Gold at any target weight as people will just abuse that to get it free but I think it should be bmi 28 and under? Maybe have a chat to a ww leader? or do as many of us do go it alone?
Good luck with it xx

Could you not tell them you are an inch taller than you are? They don't check.

Lynda

Lol Lynda!!! I wish but I've been an on/off member for 14 years:eek: and I think they have all my details stored on that weigh pad computer thingy!! But like your thinking!!:D

Could you not tell them you are an inch taller than you are? They don't check.

Lynda

Lol Lynda!!! I wish but I've been an on/off member for 14 years:eek: and I think they have all my details stored on that weigh pad computer thingy!! But like your thinking!!:D

Back