golden syrup weetabix?

lucylupin

can you use these the same as chocolate weetabix ie a HEX B plus 2 syns?

I doubt it as they are not listed online. Interestingly the chocolate ones are no longer listed either !

This sounds bad, and I know I'm cheating but I've been using them as my Healthy Extra B, without adding syns. So far, in the two weeks of having them, that hasn't affected me at all, but it would be nice if I did know how I should syn them.

P.S Never let your dad do you diet shopping for you!

This sounds bad, and I know I'm cheating but I've been using them as my Healthy Extra B, without adding syns. So far, in the two weeks of having them, that hasn't affected me at all, but it would be nice if I did know how I should syn them.

1 syn per 20 calories as they have no free food in them, so you can work it out from the packet :)

Thanks ermintrude, but this is still confusing. Normal Weetabix is a healthy extra. If I work out what it is for Weetabix with Golden Syrup, I'll also be adding in the syns for the Weetabix as well as.

JmeSaunders said:
Thanks ermintrude, but this is still confusing. Normal Weetabix is a healthy extra. If I work out what it is for Weetabix with Golden Syrup, I'll also be adding in the syns for the Weetabix as well as.

What I think ernintrude is saying is that because they're not a HEb, it would just be a straight forward case of calculating the syns :)

Exactly. The golden version has no Healthy Extra in it, so it is a pure 1 syn per 20 calories for the lot. Which you'll find works out at about 8 syns for 2 ;)

Oh My God. So it doesn't work like the chocolate then? Where it's a healthy extra and you add on the few syns?

JmeSaunders said:
Oh My God. So it doesn't work like the chocolate then? Where it's a healthy extra and you add on the few syns?

The chocolate one isn't listed anymore either apparently

Ah. This upsets me more than you can believe. This means I've been having 8 more syns than I realised, but it didn't affect my weight loss, I was losing more than I thought I would be. Thank you both for your help.

I have the choc weetabix and it is on the online list of Hexb+2syns, did dissapear for while but seems its back, the golden syrup one is very new so it may appear on the list in time, or it may not :)

JmeSaunders said:
Ah. This upsets me more than you can believe. This means I've been having 8 more syns than I realised, but it didn't affect my weight loss, I was losing more than I thought I would be. Thank you both for your help.

Yeah but you weren't having your HEb so it'll possibly balance out somewhere :)

MummyEm said:
I have the choc weetabix and it is on the online list of Hexb+2syns, did dissapear for while but seems its back, the golden syrup one is very new so it may appear on the list in time, or it may not :)

Ah right, hadn't realised it was back x

There still might be hope yet ladies!

Oh thank the lord!! I've recently started having choc ones as HEX B + 2 :)

Ah right, hadn't realised it was back x

I dint think its actually "back" its just that there are 2 databases running and it seems to be pure chance which one you get. Im assuming one is the old one which they havent deleted while they update the new one por something? :confused:

One still lists them as "Cereals & Crispbreads" (together) and you can still get them in that database, but the newer one lists them separately where you can choose either "Cereals" OR "Crispbreads" and there is no chocolate Weetabix under that "Cereals".

I mentioned this to her last time I emailed them and she just said its cos they havent finished updating it yet. :confused:

EDIT: Just had another look and Im only getting the "Cereals" one at the minute and theres deffo no choccie Weetabvix in there. :(

Just an idea?

If you really like the golden syrup one, I would be inclined to look at the cal difference say there is 40 cals difference for 2 bisc (I dont know by the way) from the normal weetabix but the same fibre etc. I would then call it a hex b plus 2 syns going by the 20 cals a syn rule.

I know thats not technically correct but that is what I would do.I dont think you would be far out.

Just an idea?

If you really like the golden syrup one, I would be inclined to look at the cal difference say there is 40 cals difference for 2 bisc (I dont know by the way) from the normal weetabix but the same fibre etc. I would then call it a hex b plus 2 syns going by the 20 cals a syn rule.

I know thats not technically correct but that is what I would do.I dont think you would be far out.

But they haven't got the same fibre content :confused: The Golden one is less than the normal one and also less than the chocolate one (which doesn't seem to be a HEX anymore). HEXBs are all about fibre so until/unless we are officially told Golden one is a HEX I would treat it as if it's definitely not.

If the fibre content is significantly less then no you are right Erm, thats not doable. I was thinking the syrup one would have pretty much the same fibre content.

Surprising isnt it.

You would logically think that theyre all the same ol' Weetabix with either some chocolate or golden syrup slung in, but apparently not :sigh:

Back