Good afternoon!

Inge Jones

Hi everyone. I am female, aged nearly 58, 5ft 3inches and 257lbs. I have been on a calorie-counted (1000Kcal) diet for 2 months already but don't know what I started out as, because I only bought my bathroom scales two days ago!

I also count sodium (less than 1.5g) protein (more than 45g) fat (less than 30g) and Carbs (less than 100g if possible). I am also a lacto-ovo-vegetarian who hates vegetables, so life gets a little boring on a diet lol!

Hello, welcome to the board

Always good to see another veggie here with us! What foods do you like? Maybe I can think of some interesting meal ideas lol, do you like any vegetables at all?

Good luck with your weight loss and I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Thanks :) I like cauliflower... erm and lettuce. Don't worry I do make myself eat a good range of vegetables regardless that I am doing so with a screwed up face. I have actually managed to get myself up to the 5-a-day!! It just doesn't compare favorably (from the point of view of enjoyment) with the diet of mainly chocolates, pizzas and crisps I was eating on the way up :( I just have to get on with it I guess...

Keep positive, your'll get there!

I lived on anything bad, for years. So now I dont let myself have anything bad, if i do then i totally self destruct. I know its harsh but its the only way i can loose weight.

Thanks :) I like cauliflower... erm and lettuce. Don't worry I do make myself eat a good range of vegetables regardless that I am doing so with a screwed up face. I have actually managed to get myself up to the 5-a-day!! It just doesn't compare favorably (from the point of view of enjoyment) with the diet of mainly chocolates, pizzas and crisps I was eating on the way up :( I just have to get on with it I guess...

Lol! Well, I'm sure the more you start to eat vegetables the more you'll begin to like them. Maybe try different ways of preparing them, like roasting, boiling, frying, steaming, raw and you might find a few nice surprises!

Otherwise you can always disguise veggies in pasta and pizza sauces by blending them in or making yourself some fruit smoothies but add in broccoli, spinach, kale etc. You honestly won't even taste it if there's lots of delicious fruit in there...I hope you like fruit though :p

I have tried adding my weight ticker to my signature, but it's not showing... The newbie guide says I am allowed to. I wonder what I have messed up...

Last edited:
Hi I'm new to this site but not to weightwatchers! Been on and off W/W for about 6 years. Originally lost 2 stone when I did it the first time and then practically gained it all! Lost a stone last christmas and surprise surprise gained some back! Been back on W/W since Monday, not going to meetings just doing it at home. I did try S/W for the first time and did lose but only 2LB over 2 weeks which I normally would lose this in 1 week on W/W, think I ate too much! So now back to the good old W/W, at least I can have choc and wine LOL

I actually considered joining WeightWatchers as they have meetings only a few yards from my home! But I am not ready at this stage to relinquish full analysis of the macronutrients in favour of a points system. I also have a hunch they'd put me on a higher daily allowance than I want to be on.

Hi and :welcome: to the forums
Wishing you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

Back