Good Books

I enjoyed the night circus. Was drawn in by it's beautiful cover and it's strength is mainly the description of the setting!

Know I love a book when I'm disappointed it's over'

I read evrything by Terry Pratchett, who is my favourite author, very funny books and gripping story lines.
Also anything by Raymond E. feist, Terry Brooks or David Gemmel.

Sorry i'm a bit of a fantasy novel nut.

I read evrything by Terry Pratchett, who is my favourite author, very funny books and gripping story lines.
Also anything by Raymond E. feist, Terry Brooks or David Gemmel.

Sorry i'm a bit of a fantasy novel nut.

Me too - in particular Terry Pratchett, he is a wonderful author and his books are so enjoyable.

Just ordered Me before you and The power of now after reading this thread for inspiration after reading Bared for you in 2 days (which I enjoyed but not as much as 50 shades)

Everyone I know who has read Me before you has loved it so hope you enjoy :)

I have tried to get in to 50 Shades but I just find the writing so bad...maybe once I get to the more interesting bits that when it will get good....

Same for me...I keep trying as I seem to be the only person who hasn't read them but have only managed the first few chapters of book one. I think I am going to give up on them as there are so many good books out there. I don't know about where you all are but for me it's chucking it down here so today will be a day of reading and being wrapped up on the sofa. I can't believe it's August as it sure feels like October lol

StarGir1 said:
Same for me...I keep trying as I seem to be the only person who hasn't read them but have only managed the first few chapters of book one. I think I am going to give up on them as there are so many good books out there. I don't know about where you all are but for me it's chucking it down here so today will be a day of reading and being wrapped up on the sofa. I can't believe it's August as it sure feels like October lol

I'm so with you on the FSOG books so gave up and moved onto things that suited me better. Chucking it here too.

I have recently read the hunger games trilogy. Was good, easy read too x

I suppose it depends what kind of book you are looking for. I recently read one called Me Before You by JoJo Moyes (i think) and really enjoyed it - romance but with a twist. I also really enjoyed the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo books, though it did take me two attempts to get into the first one!

I was the same about 50 shades but have been told the other two are better...
Can't decide whether to bother or not!

I have been trying lots of new books on the Kindle recently and I have just finished the Hunger Games and I loved them, says they are childrens reading but I am 32!!!!

Me before you was also a great read, had a cry at this as well, do not take to work and read!!!

Read 50 Shades of Grey but I ended up just skipping loads of it, could have easily have been made into 1 book!!!

Stuart McBride is a really good read. There are loads I have read. Will go through Kindle and list some of the better ones!!!

Oh, good thread!

I'm reading the Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin at the moment (Game of Thrones is the first book in the series) and it is AWESOME. Can't put it down at points, and as there are 6 hefty volumes in the series so far it should keep you going for a while (it is very readable though). Also loved the Hunger Games - I lost a week to that series! Other good things I've read recently include the Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (new film of it out soon) and, if you want something diet relates, The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict, by William Leith. My mum raves about Hilary Mantel, so have got Wolf Hall and Bringing up Bodies lined up next.

Happy reading!

Bought a few books recently for our holiday in November. Went with twilight series, haven't seen any of the films and never understood what all the fuss was about so thought I'd give them
a go. Also got Me Before You and I went for The Help as the reviews on amazon for this were really good.

Oh, good thread!

I'm reading the Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin at the moment (Game of Thrones is the first book in the series) and it is AWESOME. Can't put it down at points, and as there are 6 hefty volumes in the series so far it should keep you going for a while (it is very readable though)

I finished these recently and loved them...but they did require dedication at times....I don't know how far you've got and I won't give any spoilers but you are in for a treat especially with book 3 (A storm of swords) and 5 (A dance with dragons)!!!. I am really looking forward to the next book as there are a lot of answers I want from the end of book 5 so can not wait for book 6!! :)

Hi Stargir1 - I'm on the first part of Dance with Dragons (Dreams and Dust, or something) at the moment. He better hurry up with Winds of Winter as I'm not sure what I'll do if I finish them all before the last one comes out!! I got a few theories - will be interesting to see if any of them are right.

Ohh exciting so you know what I mean about book three :) As I said I won't put spoliers but I loved what happened in that one. I read them all on my kindle so the larger books weren't split so not quite sure what happens in which part of the two that are split but I really liked where Dance with Dragons is leading too....I think the next book will be really exciting, I can not wait but may have to read them all again before I read the new one whenever if comes out as there is so much going on I'll have forgotten half of it lol

For anyone who has watched the TV show I would really reccomend these books

My favourite books are The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris.... they are what true blood is based on but they are soooooo much better than the series.... There is 12 of them so far the 13th (and final :cry:) one is due out next May! :)

Jst finished First & Only. Free or 20p on kindle. Good book, couldn't put it down. Definately recommended for a different read.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

I've read me before you too I loved it made me cry a little bit!

Dorothy koomson books are really good to I would recommend the woman he loved before and Ice cream girls.

I finished Me before You last night and cried, beautifully written

I'm just about to watch hunger games....

time2go said:
I'm just about to watch hunger games....

Im scared 2 watch it as loved the books. Let me no if worth it x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Back