good loss then self destruct?

Sinead6uk

Bread is my enemy!
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else does this? I have a good week where I stick 100% to plan, have a good loss - but then I go home and "relax"! otherwise known as hit the self destruct button! why why why do I do this?

It's like I think "oh i've had a good loss so I can have a treat now....and another treat...and another!

Need to get back in control otherwise last nights blow out will follow me all week! :(

This is exactly what i do, i have a good loss, i treat myself, then continue to treat myself, then i have a gain, then i wonder why i bother and give up for a week, then i have another gain, kick myself, start again and then have a good loss, and so on......

Its so annoying. I really need to snap out of it.

How long have you been doing SW? How are you finding it? ive only been doing it for about 7 weeks after doing ww. Im trying sw to lose my last stone now.

I think it's a fear issue, well for me it is. I've been fat since I was 21, so half my life. I was a total wreck as a skinny girl, bad with the boys etc, I get scared I'll become her again! But now I give myself a talking to and realise that life does not have to change completely!
I'm a different person now than I was before.

Some people may fear that their lives won't change at all, and in many ways it won't, if you are naturally shy being a size 10 won't make you an extrovert! And being slim won't make you happy, rather give you one less reason to be depressed!

This is exactly what i do, i have a good loss, i treat myself, then continue to treat myself, then i have a gain, then i wonder why i bother and give up for a week, then i have another gain, kick myself, start again and then have a good loss, and so on......

Its so annoying. I really need to snap out of it.

How long have you been doing SW? How are you finding it? ive only been doing it for about 7 weeks after doing ww. Im trying sw to lose my last stone now.

Hi Kelly,

I've been doing SW since May and I also joined after leaving WW. I much prefer SW and wish id tried it years ago. I've lost 1 stone 2 lbs so far but this morning I was looking back over my last few losses and i seem to be on a gain then lose then gain then lose pattern. Must snap out of it. I had a complete blow out last night and today i've got that "friday feeling" where i try to convince myself that syns don't count on a friday!! Grrrrr! :sigh:

how are you finding SW?
Sinead x

I had a blow out last night too that really wasnt needed. If you read my diary you'll see but i too have carried on this morning. I made myself not bring any naughtiness into work other than soup and fruit but i have no restrictions at home and we have roast pork with crackling for tea!!

Im loving SW, the plan is great, its healthier than ww, therefore i chose healthier rather than opting for chocolate and crisps because theyre the same points as a sandwich etc. The problem is me and my bizairre sense of reward! Must come up with a better way to reward (or punish) myself. Chocolate seems to be the answer to both and i suspect it shouldnt be the answer to either!!

Well done on your loss so far.

I can relate to this. I had a good week last week and already I know this week I havent been nearly as strict as I was - even thought I saw the rewards on the scales!

I had a blow out last night too that really wasnt needed. If you read my diary you'll see but i too have carried on this morning. I made myself not bring any naughtiness into work other than soup and fruit but i have no restrictions at home and we have roast pork with crackling for tea!!

Im loving SW, the plan is great, its healthier than ww, therefore i chose healthier rather than opting for chocolate and crisps because theyre the same points as a sandwich etc. The problem is me and my bizairre sense of reward! Must come up with a better way to reward (or punish) myself. Chocolate seems to be the answer to both and i suspect it shouldnt be the answer to either!!

Well done on your loss so far.

Thanks! you too! :)

Yeah i'm the same although my answer seems to be takeaways and alcohol! and last night blow out has officially spread into today now! i knew it! :(

I'm off for a nosey at your diary - really must sort out doing one myself! Good luck for the rest of the week! :)

I can relate to this. I had a good week last week and already I know this week I havent been nearly as strict as I was - even thought I saw the rewards on the scales!

It's annoying isnt it? I want to be the type of person where a loss motivates me to do well again the following week - not the type of person who HAS to have a good week cos she's had a gain! oh dear! :eek:
Good luck this week x

Oh that's me all over. If I go to group I lose 3-4lbs a week, almost every week. At home I lose and gain the same blinking lb each week!

Just checked with my manager if I can come in late one day a week to go to a group. I can't guarantee i'll be home in time for evening ones.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Sassia said:
Oh that's me all over. If I go to group I lose 3-4lbs a week, almost every week. At home I lose and gain the same blinking lb each week!

Just checked with my manager if I can come in late one day a week to go to a group. I can't guarantee i'll be home in time for evening ones.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck with that as it seems you definitely do better with group!

I found that going in the morning is better for me then in the evenings for various reasons, one of them being, if I went to evening class I would treat after and think I can start afresh Wednesday, whereas I go in the morning with just my light brekky in my tummy I can still count Tuesday as the start if the week (sw wise) so I carry on being good, with out blowing the rest of the Tuesday on over indulging..if that made sense?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I can very much relate to the need to "treat" yourself for a loss with food. I used to loosen the reigns every time I had a loss, which would probably explain why from february to may I only lost a couple of lb!

Exercise *seems* to have been the turning point for me. I started doing the 30 day shred and davina's 30 minute work out 3-5 days a week and have had pretty steady losses since then. I think this is more of a case of the exercise changing my attitude rather than increasing my losses by itself. I have still gone off plan occassionally, but it tends to be much more planned and is a one off treat because I really hate feeling that all my hard work exercising is in vain!

This week we have been off work on annual leave which would usually be an excuse to plan some very indulgent meals but because we have gone out and done several 8-10 mile walks I have not felt like undoing all of that so have stuck 100% to plan all week. Which included enjoying a wispa and a couple of after eights whiling watching tv the other evening :)

KraziKayzi said:
Good luck with that as it seems you definitely do better with group!

I found that going in the morning is better for me then in the evenings for various reasons, one of them being, if I went to evening class I would treat after and think I can start afresh Wednesday, whereas I go in the morning with just my light brekky in my tummy I can still count Tuesday as the start if the week (sw wise) so I carry on being good, with out blowing the rest of the Tuesday on over indulging..if that made sense.

Perfect sense.

I have the choice of wed or Fri morns. I think Fri will be my preferred one.

I can relate to the 'good one week bad the next'. I think for me its that Ive never really got into the mindset of changing my eating habits forever. I was always be as good as possible all week then have what I want after weigh in. Even before sw I was the sort of person who was good all week so I could eat whatever I wantes on weekends. I kept that attitdue with sw too. I am slowly starting to realise that to lose and maintain my weight for life I need to eat and live like this for life. Sometimes it does depress me to think my days of eating three chocolate bars a day are behind me, I will be honest, butI know really it isnt good for my health. I just have to keep reminding myself of this.

I used to do this with my previous SW attempts but with this one I do the opposite... im like 'i can do MORE!!' and carry on like that

x

I do this too, then wake up the morning after feeling like I've cheated myself again, it happened yesterday and friday too, and after a good loss as well. Back on track from today, tracker out and filled in, 4days until WI, I can do this! We all can!

Back