Good Morning Slimming World!

HsarahH

Well, Ive been a fan of Slimming World for so long. I lost weight a long time ago with it, and then put it back on. I lost 3 stone after having my little boy just over a year ago with it...and put a good stone of that back on. So after so many "diet starts tomorrow" days, TODAY IS THE DAY.

I feel so uncomfortable. Ive got rolls of fat on my back which I havent had for years, my tummy seems to be hanging over my jeans and I just know if I dont do something about it this situation will be much more severe in a few months!

So, Ive had my weetabix with banana, blueberrys and milk for breakfast and feel goooood! Now, I just have to resist temptation, remember to plan, plan and plan again, and not let myself forget that this is important.

So, Good Morning Slimming World! Lets go!

Hey!!

I'm in exactly the same position as you! I lost 4 stone and have slowly put a stone of that back on!!

I can't seem to get control of the situation and am feeling very desperate about it! I've done it once but can't seem to stick to the plan as I once did before!

Not sure what to do with myself, I just want to lose about 1.5 stones this time, so no where near as much as before!!!!

Its so hard isnt it. This time Im not going to class. I seem to be an "all or nothing" girl. So if it goes a bit wrong I tend to binge on everything with the thought that ive ruined it at the scales now so i mught as well enjoy. Where as Im hoping that with that pressure not being there I can relax and let little blips remain as little blips! Does that make sense?!

Have you started back on the plan? I have to say, after a healthy breakfast I feel good already! Please let this enthusiasm continue!!

I've never been to class - I did the body optimise online and was hugely successful! This time round I just can't seem to stick to it!!! I'm trying the extra easy way this time round but am considering going back to the red and green days - have been trying to find the healthy extra sheets for red an green again!

I totally know what you mean about the blips! If I slip up I seem to have the attitude of "what's the point, I can't do it" an hen feel massively guilty!

Im exactly the same too!! I lost about just over a stone with slimming world and went back to my old ways!! I have just given birth to my son and now I need to gain control again!! I have a whopping 6stone to loose!!! The end seems so far and im worried im going to go back to my old ways!!!xxx

Hi Janeyx, Congratulations on your little boy! 6 stone...after I had my little boy I had 5 stone to lose...seems like a huge amount but when you chip away at it it will soon become 4, 3, 2 stone ect. Stay strong!

When youre busy its so easy to eat junk (or is that another of my excuses?!) where as you have to really plan with this, thats probably the biggest lesson ive learnt. What is it that they say? "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail" or something like that!

Im off to do some fruit and veg shopping this morning with my pickles!

Hi Janeyx!

Congratulations on the little one! I know how you feel! After being so successful the first time round I just can't seem to get a grip!!! I keep feeling like I should rejoin the online help but then part of me is reluctant as I should know how to do this already!!!

Hi to all, I do go to class, but this forum is definitely the best motivator going. I think if you have your own diary and you make an effort to keep it up to date, you get to know people and spur each other on and it helps loads. I don't think it's necessary to pay loads of money, esp if you already know the basics.

The only real reason I go to class is cos I don't have a decent set of scales, and I don't trust myself not to give up yet. Eventually I will stop going to class, but I don't think I'll stop coming on here.

Good luck everyone xxx

Hi all - there are a few of us returners today!!!
Well done for coming back, Im a returning member and although I dont have much to loose to get to target I know how quickly the lot could go abck on if I left it. My original weight was 13st.
Good luck and welcome back

Maverick, you mention a food diary - do you have an online one or just a note book??

I'm trying to follow the extra easy plan and wondered if there's a ready made diary especially for it?

I'm a re-joiner today too. I decided to start again in the hope that the weight will come off for good and I can stop this yo yo'ing that I seem to be doing. I had lost nearly 3 stone but it's now back to 1.5stone so got to be good. I'm not counting the one and half stone I've already lost and hope to get some new shiny stickers for my book instead of keep looking back all the time. anyone else done that. Good Luck to everyone x

Oh my goodness, what is wrong with me. Ive gone off track already! Im soooo weak! Maybe I do need to think about going to a class....

Everyone is different, but for me class is essential. It keeps me focussed and also my W I is on a Monday, so am always good at the weekends. My losses have been slow, having said that, in 15 weeks I have never STS or gained, but I have been following plan 98% of the time since I started. Just keep focussed and you will get there. It is often harder the first few days as you have to break bad habits. Once you are in the zone it becomes easier, well thats how I feel anyway. Good luck with your journey, you will get there, and this forum is fantastic for support and help, which we all need from time to time, even people who have been doing it for ages.

Thank you! I am going to find a class. Its the best way. I do find it hard to find the time for a class but its important and Ive realised that as you said, its essential to my journey.

Thank you for your kind words x

Daisy_Day said:
Maverick, you mention a food diary - do you have an online one or just a note book??

I'm trying to follow the extra easy plan and wondered if there's a ready made diary especially for it?

I keep my food diary on here but if u go to class u can use the one on the sw website which makes it easy if u are just learning ee or red and green. If u do one on here people will soon tell u if u are going wrong x

Nope. I thought that I could do this without a class or online subscription but I just cant.
I have been looking for a group that I can commit to but its very difficult with my job and family. So I am considering joining online. Anyone got any experience of this?

Everyone is different, but for me class is essential. It keeps me focussed and also my W I is on a Monday, so am always good at the weekends. My losses have been slow, having said that, in 15 weeks I have never STS or gained, but I have been following plan 98% of the time since I started. Just keep focussed and you will get there. It is often harder the first few days as you have to break bad habits. Once you are in the zone it becomes easier, well thats how I feel anyway. Good luck with your journey, you will get there, and this forum is fantastic for support and help, which we all need from time to time, even people who have been doing it for ages.
:cry:Well I well and truly jinxed myself saying I had never gained or maintained, yes this week I STS. Gutted wasnt the word, so having to do a food diary and fast forwarding me has been mentioned. Dont like the sound of that, so eating even more melon if that is possible!

Hollys nan - Oh no! Always the way isnt it! Keep focussed this week and im sure it will pay off.

Im about to sign up on line. I have to do something about this back fat hanging over the back of my bra! Its awful...

I have signed up and Im raring to go! Just off to do some shopping. Im actually really excited about this....hope my enthusiasm last now! Which it will....Im determined...again!

I have signed up and Im raring to go! Just off to do some shopping. Im actually really excited about this....hope my enthusiasm last now! Which it will....Im determined...again!
Great stuff, you will do it, you sound very motivated. Good luck!:)

Back