Good news/Bad news AN UPDATE !!!!

fillymum

synful soul
The good news.............

I have my appointment for my CAT scan. It is for the 09th of September. Unfortunately it is the same day, same time as my mamo. but the PALS office recommended that I go early, explain to the mamo dept. what has happened and she feels sure they will fit me in after my CAT scan if I am prepared to wait which I am. My CAT scan is the most important as they are looking at my head and neck and my chest and liver.

I am so pleased to have a date and a time. It gives me some peace of mind.

The bad news.....................

Today I bought some state of the art scales as my old ones really are old, about 14 years old.

When we got home Paul set them up for me. I got on them and shock, horror, I weigh 10 kilos more on these scales. I know it doesn't affect my weight loss whilst doing SW as I have only ever used the same scales.......Paul got weighed on them and he too weighed 10 kilos more
The shock of finding out I weigh that much more than I thought has really ,really upset me. I actually cried I was so shocked.
However it has now just made me more determined to get rid of the lot.My resolve is even stronger.

Last edited:
I know I posted in your diary, but I'd just like to reiterate that scales lie! All the time! I've yet to come across a truthful set ;) Particularly these kitchen ones that tell me that 42g of cheese is only the size of a matchbox, I mean that's proof in itself! We all know that 42g of cheese must be at least double that size ;)

As for your appointments...I'm so glad they've got their acts together, and I'm sure they'll work something out regarding the times :) My thoughts will be with you Sue, but I have a good feeling that all will be fine :) xxxx

Sue, you're the first to tell others age and differences are mere numbers.

Take a dollop of your own common sense and remember a set of scales are just a whole load of numbers with a dodgy calibration mechanism.

Kilos can never be right (12th commandment and page 4,312 in the Doomsday Book) and of course are greatly affected by inflation, the Greek economy and Hurricane Irene.:p

Those 10kg by the way do not make you any different to the inspirational lady we all know and love who is there for everyone to pick them up, support them, and get them going with a smile.

I'm sure there'll be a few along just to give you the lift you need mumsie;)

Just concentrate on the scan and all other treatment for now.

Meanwhile, give me the 22lb - I'll gladly lose it for you

Steve
x

The thing that is so ridiculous is that just because I have new scales that tell me I weigh differently from my old ones it does not alter what I have lost. :sigh:

So why do I feel as if I have gained those 10 kilos in a couple of hours.:cry:

It is totally illogical. I have still lost 20 odd kilos so why do I feel so gutted.?????:confused:

The thing that is so ridiculous is that just because I have new scales that tell me I weigh differently from my old ones it does not alter what I have lost. :sigh:

So why do I feel as if I have gained those 10 kilos in a couple of hours.:cry:

It is totally illogical. I have still lost 20 odd kilos so why do I feel so gutted.?????:confused:
So how far are you from target now then? is it 10kg more?

So how far are you from target now then? is it 10kg more?

I really do not know Steve. I do not want to look stringy. I am too old for that. Mum used to say there are more wrinkles on a prune than a plum.
I am going to play it by ear and see where I feel comfortable and happy with what I see in the mirror regardless of what the scales say.
I am so gutted I can not bring myself to alter my stats tonight. This is one case of manyana syndrome being acceptable.
Somehow I feel ashamed...............

We think there is a fault on the scales. This morning both of us used them and out of 3 readings each, each one was different and also they will not weigh a 2 kilo bag of cat biscuits. It comes up error.

When I am out tomorrow I will pop into the chemists and get weighed there before I take the back.................

get your money back on the new scales and hop back onto your new ones. they are more accurate.
i have decided not to weigh myself anymore and am going on the fit of my clothes (this might change in a few weeks though lol)

I love my old ones and feel I am being paid back for being disloyal to them:D

They are so much kinder to me;)

Definately take the new ones back, they are upsetting you, and obviously not accurate;)

I'm glad that your appointments are sorted xxx

get your money back on the new scales and hop back onto your new ones. they are more accurate.
i have decided not to weigh myself anymore and am going on the fit of my clothes (this might change in a few weeks though lol)

Definately take the new ones back, they are upsetting you, and obviously not accurate;)

I'm glad that your appointments are sorted xxx

Will find out if they are accurate this afteroon . I can not wait until tomorrow.

Just as a matter of interest I tried them after my light lunch of gazpcho with cucumber and tomato. I weighed over a kilo heavier than this morning............is that possible. Makes a light lunch very heavy:D

Will find out if they are accurate this afteroon . I can not wait until tomorrow.

Just as a matter of interest I tried them after my light lunch of gazpcho with cucumber and tomato. I weighed over a kilo heavier than this morning............is that possible. Makes a light lunch very heavy:D

It is definitely possible...depending on how much you've had to drink on top of your gazpacho. By the end of the day I can be up to 5 or 6 pounds heavier than the morning, and I know I definitely don't eat 5 or 6 pounds of food in a day! :eek: xxx

P.S. See, I told you scales lie! I think we should all throw them out...or even better, offer them up as some sort of sacrifice to the weight loss gods :) Or burn them in a way akin to the burning of bras (only difference being that we'd actually burn them ;)) :D:D

Oh pants...................they are right. I am 10 kilos heavier than I thought I was.

I will just have to bite the bullet and stick with it.

I will change my stats and cry.

I nearly fell off the wagon after coming out of the chemists. Paul suggested going out, having a blast, getting a bit merry and starting again tomorrow. I was so close to succumbing, but came home and had my 350 calorie dinner and a cup of vanilla and caramel tea !!!

I must stay focused on the fact I have lost the weight. I was just heavier than I knew I was when I started.

I wonder why psychologically it feels as if I have failed.

I can understand why this feels like a real body blow Sue. But regardless of the actual numbers on the scale, you had still dropped lots of dress sizes and were much happier in yourself. You should treat weight, like age, just a number, but this time, it is a number that you have the tools and abilities to make smaller. You have still lost exactly the same amount of weight, no matter where you started or where you are now, and you were confident and happier because of it.

Dont lose sight of that, because of this. Just stick to the plan and keep doing what you are doing (not the 1000 cal thing, not a good long term fix!!) and the pounds will melt away just as they have been doing. It isnt like you were going to get to target and suddenly decide to stop eating healthily, is it? However long it takes you to get there, you'll still be eating healthy delicious meals when you do, and you'll still be feeling good inside because of it.

Chin up chuck, and dont let the b*stard scales grind you down.

You are so right Gill. I am still in an 18/20. That hasn't changed. I was a 24 when I started so I am doing o.k. I have to focus on that.

I am savvy enough to know that soon I will begin to feel chuffed about my weight loss again and even end up liking my new scales that tell you if you have lost or gained.......drat !!!! NO KIDDING MYSELF NOW !!!!

I am trying to stay positive and convince myself that the positive out of this is that I was beginning to get a bit lax and slap happy with my weight loss as I thought I was so close to target.............well now I am a mile away and just have to get on with it. There is nothing else to do.

big hugs sweet friend xxxx

Sue, don't worry about the scales. It's about how you feel, the dress sizes you've dropped and the size you are now.

Of course, it's nice to see the scales budge - and you still will - and have the thrill of seeing the weight you're losing. But it's not all about weight.

I sometimes look at what other people the same height as me weigh and think there's no way I could weigh so little. I mean, some people weigh in the 8 or even 7 stone something - I'm around 10 stone and just looking to lose a few more lbs, so a target of just under 10 stone. I see people who are several inches taller than me and weigh less than me. So what? I'm happy with my size & shape. For me that's a curvy size 10 and I don't honestly believe I could, or want to, get much lower.

I think I might get to like the new scales after all.

I had a sneaky peek this morning , put my code number in, up to four people can have a code number and the scales record your first time weight and after that tell you if you have lost, gained and by how much or STS.The told me I had lost 1.3 kilos....oh joy !!! :happy036:

Once I get back to where I thought was pre new scales I will feel happier.

I have copied and pasted this from my diary cos am a lazy moo:D
yeah!!! yippee!! fandabidozzie!!!

I think there might be a clue there somewhere:8855:

We are so happy, so overjoyed.
The lump in my neck is calcification in the saliva gland. The huge lump in my abdomen is a hernia yeah !!!!! I never thought I would see the day when I would be jumping for joy at being told I have a hernia. The pain in my hip is being investigated and I am having x-rays next week.

The sweetest words were when she said to us, " Suzanne and Paul, I am so happy to tell you there is no sign of cancer in your body "

I can not explain how we feel. I am crying typing this I am so relieved. I know I have been a wimp but the only place I have let my fear be known is here amongst all of you. I have maintained a calm, unconcerned composure with everyone else and it has been hard.

We celebrated with a Macdonald's ( Paul loves them and he has suffered so much,the angel) and tonight are having pizza and a fabulous fresh, young red wine that is delicious ice cold.

Back on track tomorrow. I have a fridge full of red and orange peppers, tomatoes etc., but just for tonight I want to eat drink and be merry.

Thank you all so much for being such a fantastic support to me.

hugs:bighug:

Absolutely fantastic news!

And, to celebrate, I have poured myself a glass to say "Cheers" to you xxxxx

Have a fab evening, you so, so deserve it x

Back