Goodbye insulin FOREVER!

Maximus

Gold Member
Having been removed from insulin on a trial basis after my weight-loss, today I was given the great news that my results are sufficient to stay off it forever!

When I say forever, I mean assuming I don't go stupid and mess things up now.

With further dietary control, exercise and weight-loss, it is possible the tablets may reduce also.

I'm so happy about this, and greatly encouraged. I feel this needs a post on its own if only to encourage other type-II diabetics that it is possible to turn it around.

Steve:)

Well done Steve - that's fantastic! I'm sure it will be an inspiration to many with type 2 diabetes.

Fantastic news! Well done, you must be over the moon! x

Thats wonderful news, well done. If only that would work with type 1 as well :)

Thats fantastic news! SW really does create miricles :) well done x

That's amazing - I didn't know it was reversible once you had been diagnosed (and I have a mother and mother in law with it!). Well done and what a great incentive to stick to plan!

Well done. What great news.

u can only reverse it if over a certain age or weight i have had it since the age of 21 and only weighted 9 stone whole of teenager/young adult life so i will always be on 4 injections a day just bad luck i guess but there are worse things to get in life

Steve - excellent news, very well done. :talk017: SD developed same in her mid 30's & despite being in denial & wouldn't self inject for over 2 weeks, has only just got around to losing some weight. I don't think she's joined the dots on this one. If your story doesn't inspire her I don't think anything will.

Yeah Steve.......way to go. Inspirational guy !!!

Well done Steve - that's fantastic! I'm sure it will be an inspiration to many with type 2 diabetes.

If I can get just one person to believe they can do it too, I will be, to coin a phrase, over the moon for them!

That's amazing - I didn't know it was reversible once you had been diagnosed (and I have a mother and mother in law with it!). Well done and what a great incentive to stick to plan!

I must stress, mine is type II - sometime (cruelly?) referred to as fat person's diabetes, though not always of course.

That's fantastic news. Have you posted in the NSV thread?
I have now! :)
u can only reverse it if over a certain age or weight i have had it since the age of 21 and only weighted 9 stone whole of teenager/young adult life so i will always be on 4 injections a day just bad luck i guess but there are worse things to get in life

Of course there are, and it is not only everyone who is overweight/obese either. Not sure if you are type I or II but I did live with the injections, but fortunately I got the choice. I can now live without them - I'm luckier than most, and can sympathise with others - I've been through the mill.

Just a bit of background, I know we are all friends, yet in many ways strangers, and as such I feel I can share another part of my journey A few years ago, April 2008 a routine visit to hospital for what I thought was merely a boil/cyst that needed "sorting out" resulted in ultimately a 12 night hospital stay with gangrene and an isolation ward with - yes you guessed it, diabetic complications!

I was off work for several months and it took me probably 8-24 months to recover not merely physically, but also mentally. Why am I telling all of this?

I think I have just about recovered and once I lose the last stone or so (always going to be the hardest part) I feel I will have turned around an impossible situation. On leaving hospital, I couldn't even walk 50 yards without pain. I now walk 6 miles per day for recreation!

SW is meant to put you in control - we all know this. It's also given me my life back. It feels like I'd imagine a lottery win would feel.

The last year for me on a personal note has been bad with a lot of negatives, tragedy and personal loss. At last I see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm even confident it is not an oncoming train!

Right all of that off mychest, back to my normal irreverant and irrelevant jocular self;)

Steve

Last edited:
If I can get just one person to believe they can do it too, I will be, to coin a phrase, over the moon for them!

I must stress, mine is type II - sometime (cruelly?) referred to as fat person's diabetes, though not always of course.

I have now! :)

Of course there are, and it is not only everyone who is overweight/obese either. Not sure if you are type I or II but I did live with the injections, but fortunately I got the choice. I can now live without them - I'm luckier than most, and can sympathise with others - I've been through the mill.

Just a bit of background, I know we are all friends, yet in many ways strangers, and as such I feel I can share another part of my journey A few years ago, April 2008 a routine visit to hospital for what I thought was merely a boil/cyst that needed "sorting out" resulted in ultimately a 12 night hospital stay with gangrene and an isolation ward with - yes you guessed it, diabetic complications!

I was off work for several months and it took me probably 8-24 months to recover not merely physically, but also mentally. Why am I telling all of this?

I think I have just about recovered and once I lose the last stone or so (always going to be the hardest part) I feel I will have turned around an impossible situation. On leaving hospital, I couldn't even walk 50 yards without pain. I now walk 6 miles per day for recreation!

SW is meant to put you in control - we all know this. It's also given me my life back. It feels like I'd imagine a lottery win would feel.

The last year for me on a personal note has been bad with a lot of negatives, tragedy and personal loss. At last I see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm even confident it is not an oncoming train!

Right all of that off mychest, back to my normal irreverant and irrelevant jocular self;)

Steve

i am type 1 my body just stopped producing insulin at young age

I was diagnosed last year as type 2 and spent a good six months faffing and not doing much about it! I was Ill with labrinthitis too but its still not really a brilliant excuse to do nothing! Anyhoo I've now lost my first stone of many and you've given me hope that I can reverse it too! So thank you! :)

Back