google street map!

daisydoll

Gold Member
completely off topic, but i have just been on goole street map for the first time -

i'm amazed, thought it would be all grainy like google earth but its not

you can even see in my neighbours garage!

daisy x

Nowhere near me is covered by it.:sigh:

Lol I went for a walk about in New York on that earlier. :D It's so much fun!!!

I swear that thing is the best EVER. People complain too much about amazing ideas (some have some "privacy" issues) ...

I love it! My house is on it clear as anything and my wee car parked outside. Hope they do the rest of the country soon lol

Does no one else find it really freaky??! I do! It's not necessarily an invasion of privacy - but there is that - car regs not blocked out etc. I just find it a bit scary what people can access now...

Yeah... car regs - which you can see on a daily basis just by having a walk down the street. Do you then go and look them up later? No. It's just being too self-conscious to be fair. I mean anything they may have captured is happening out there everyday for the world to see.
Plus, the street is a public place, hence we're all public property in a way.

Does no one else find it really freaky??! I do! It's not necessarily an invasion of privacy - but there is that - car regs not blocked out etc. I just find it a bit scary what people can access now...

Car regs are supposed to be blocked out, I know mine is

Yeah... car regs - which you can see on a daily basis just by having a walk down the street. Do you then go and look them up later? No. It's just being too self-conscious to be fair. I mean anything they may have captured is happening out there everyday for the world to see.
Plus, the street is a public place, hence we're all public property in a way.

They were discussing this on the radio last week and the people objecting were mad!! One man said it was terrible, you could clearly see his door was open. The presented thankfully pointed out that the photo was a year old and the chances are it was closed by now :giggle:

I really dont see what the fuss is about as you say you can see car nos and peoples faces every time you walk down the street.

I guess some people just don't like the idea that there is information about them out in cyberspace that they have no control over or didn't consent to being there.

It's all bogus though, as I bet those same people have myspace/facebook/email/online banking etc, and if those that are that way inclined decide to look long and hard enough, with the right kit you can pretty much find anything about anyone.

Yeah, usually left on a bus or train by some official.

I think people get way to paranoid over the internet.....if they see your car reg big deal.

If ya robbed a bank, or something, then ya should get caught.

None of it phases me at all. :) After all, we have all posted a lot more personal stuff here then our car regs - and believe it or not - your posts can come up in Google searches for other unrelated to LL stuff that is searched, etc....

lol Anna, you've got the makings of a great online game there!
Let's see if we can find anything naughty on google maps! lol :D

Back