Got a reality check today- Help

I know my weight has been increasing because I have no control over the food. I started buying clothes online larger than my size so I don't need to replace them fast. I lied to myself everyday that I will start with diet from tomorrow and like million others that tomorrow never came.

I avoided going to doctors for regular checkups because I knew I would have to get weighed and that scared me. I thought I will diet and work out for at least 2 months and then check my weight but I never even got to 4 continuous days.

So today I had to fly for the first time after 4 months and I was shocked to notice that the belt won't fit. It was really really embarrassing. The person sitting next to me noticed my struggle and I could see him smiling. I had no option but ask for belt extender. Moreover 10 mins after takeoff I felt extremely uncomfortable. The seats were way too small for me, but I managed to hold for the entire flight duration. When I went to use the restroom at the airport, I noticed big red marks around my belly. These were due to the arm rest.

I felt horrible the whole day and couldn't imagine of taking the flight back home that evening. I called my boss and requested him to allow me to upgrade to business class.

I came home and tried some clothes which I used to wear around 6months back. They were too tight. I couldn't get into one of the jeans and literally squeezed myself in. I sat down and the jeans ripped off. Yes, I managed to rip off the Jeans.

What should I do?

Oh, you sound so upset. All journeys start with a small step and you have made that step by coming on here for support. So pat yourself on the back for that! I don't know what the answer is for you- I don't know what it is for myself yet! Have you had any thoughts on how you might try and get control of your diet?

Yup, we all get this reality check eventually. And here so many of us are.

The best reality check one could get! Allow us to realize what we are doing to ourselves, and gives us an opportunity to change it.

I went to Spain in July, and the belt barely fit me. It was a horrible feeling, I knew if I gained anymore it wouldn't fit at all...

I know I am going away sometime in 2013, so the airport belt issue is another big reason I wanted to lose weight. I want to be comfortable on a flight for once.

Good luck with your weight loss, what is your plan?

Going to meet a Cambridge Diet Consultant today. Also one of Herbal Life's distributors.

Is there a lot of difference between these two?

I want to get started on something before I tend to stop caring anymore.

Hi, try the cambridge diet it's great, I didnt have much to lose but have been a yo yo dieter for years. I did Cambridge 6 months ago and I've kept the weight off. give it a try and you'll be happy with seeing the pounds drop off

Hello - I know it feels horrible.. I would suggest the Atkins diet.. I started two months ago and have lost over a stone :) of course I exercise too.. at least half hour of circuit training daily (x5 a week) which really helps to tone, fat loss and build muscle. I would advice you to buy the book which is only £6 or so on amazing (buy the 2003 version). With Cambridge diet once you incorporate food again to your diet you gain a lot of the weight back. I know this as I was on the diet for a month. Felt very ill - with Atkins you are on a healthy VLC diet and you enjoy it. Hope that helps x - PS: Cambridge is expensive

Hey!!

Welcome to the forum.

As someone else said, I think sometimes you need that reality check before you'll do anything.

I remember thinking I was just a little bit chubby. In January I was sent the photographs from Christmas, I sat and cried and cried, I couldn't believe how I looked, and it was the realisation that the way I looked in the photos was how other people saw me, I thought because I wore baggy clothes ect that I was hiding the fat. There was no hiding it anymore. I just couldn't bear the thought of others seeing me like that. That kept me motivated.

Anyway, whatever you choose goog luck. Just getting started on something will motivate you.

thats the horrible thing photos never lie :( i was the same 17 stone gone and its still a struggle to get in right frame of mind at time BUT its possible and i know you can do it, start from now , perfect time of year to start with all the feel good new year vibes going on xx

Hello - I know it feels horrible.. I would suggest the Atkins diet.. I started two months ago and have lost over a stone :) of course I exercise too.. at least half hour of circuit training daily (x5 a week) which really helps to tone, fat loss and build muscle. I would advice you to buy the book which is only £6 or so on amazing (buy the 2003 version). With Cambridge diet once you incorporate food again to your diet you gain a lot of the weight back. I know this as I was on the diet for a month. Felt very ill - with Atkins you are on a healthy VLC diet and you enjoy it. Hope that helps x - PS: Cambridge is expensive

Hi Sara, can you tell me which book you are talking about?

thx

BeingIncepted said:
Hi Sara, can you tell me which book you are talking about?

thx

Don't know why I couldn't post my previous post I had written. Well anyway it's from amazon and it's called Dr Atkins new diet revolution. I recommend the 03 edition as anything after that is put together by other people (Dr Atkins passed away in 03). The cover is orange and blue :) VLC = Very Low Carb diet lol feel free to ask any questions. I do treat myself occasionally but in moderation due to Xmas lol. Let me know how it goes

Back