got alot to lose

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by insanity75, 16 November 2006.

1. insanity75

insanity75 Member

hi all i have about six stone to lose to get to my recommended weight but i am doing it in stages on slimming world should i aim for small goals or should i just think of the full six stone ?? what have you found best for you am new to site and still finding my way around
  2. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Well-Known Member

Hi hun - when I wanted to lose 5 stone, I took it in baby steps, treating myself when I got to the 1 stone, 2 stone markers but always kept my target weight in the back of my mind.

I found it useful to buy a new dress in a smaller size and kept trying it on until eventually it fitted!

Best of luck to you and please just shout if you need any help!
  3. lizzie0310

lizzie0310 Well-Known Member

hiya, ive always done the small goal thing but the big goal is always in my mind and that puts me off as it always seems like a losing battle!
    this time im taking it 4 stone at a time and should lose all my weight in 3 'goes' as ive about 12 stone to lose. but ive promised myself if i feel ok to stop after the first 4 stone or the 2nd ill stop. that way i dont have to do it all in one slog so to speak, good luck xx
  4. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Keep one eye on the ball, and the other on the big picture!
    Ann x
  5. insanity75

insanity75 Member

thanks all for your words of advice .. think i need to get one of these trackers i see on everyones posts