Got through the fathers day meal!!

Well I managed to make the meal and dish it all up for everyone and not eat a bite. I had made chicken, dumpling,veg,beef patties,hardough bread and gravy. And I made coconut cake and ginger cake. everyone was saying-- aw, just have a bit, it wont do any harm. Cant believe your not eating.
But I stuck to my guns and did not eat a thing.I even took my shake with me. I explained that there would be plenty more fathers days that I could eat when I was slim ha ha x

Yeah well done you i just made it through my mums sunday dinner and baked alaska not a lick of a spoon i feel great that i can do it well done you x x

awww well done!!

And shame on them for saying that!!

Gold star for surviving :D xxx

good for you well done, me and my 3 year old cooked hubby a fry up. as i was cooking i made a shake, so i didnt feel hungry by the time it was cooked anyway. Me and jack took him brekkie in bed. and they both sat in bed eating and watching cartoons while i washed up downstairs.

Well done you did well

well done, i was same cooked for them all was so hard with the chicken was so tempted :( but after dinner went shopping and bought 2 tops that dont fit me (purposly) and my aim of course is to get into them!!

had my 2nd weigh today 7lb down, thrilled :D thats 16lb in 2 weeks so so happy !;)

Well done for getting through that meal, it will be so worth it when you have lost all you want to! Keep going cos you are doing great. Just of think of it as another hurdle beaten!

You did great (and that meal sounds gorgeous!)

EMM MY FAVORITE FOODS DREAMIN OF A SALTFISH PATTIE:cry: WELL DONE ON NOT GIVING IN WISH I GAVE IN ON THE WEEKEND GAVE IN TO A LOVELY MUTTON SOUP XXX:D:break_diet:

Last edited:
oh my that is my best dish curry goat and rice well its a draw between that and soup what havnt you heard off a saltfish pattie or mutton soup?

Mmmmmmm....West Indian food....!!!! BUT......it will be waiting for you at the end of Lipotrim...only in much smaller quantities than you used to have......!!!!!!

I havent heard of the mutton soup. I do chicken soup with boiled dumpling. My hubbys parents are from jamaica so have been learning different recipes. Please could you send me the recipe? I love cooking at the moment.

THERES ALSO PIG TROTTER SOUP I DONT EAT THAT AS ITS PORK THERES ALSO OXTAIL, BUTTERBEAN,FISH AND PEPPERPOT SOUP
SO BASICLY
1)SEASON YOUR MEAT GOAT,MUTTON OR YOU CAN ALSO USE LAMB NECK, OR DICED THEN LEAVE IT FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS TO MARINATE.
2)HEAT A LIL OLIVE OIL IN A THICK BOTTOM PAN AND BROWN THE MEAT WELL ON BOTH SIDES
3) ADD WATER OR STOCK, AND SOME FRESH TYME, ONIONS AND TO THE WATER AND COOK MEAT FOR ABOUT 45MINS-1HOUR
4)THEN ADD YOUR HARD FOOD E.G SWEET POTATOE,POTATOE,GREEN BANANA,RED PEEPER, CARROT AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU INCLUDE
5)THEN COOK DOWN THE REST OF THE INGREDIANTS
6) WHEN THE OTHER INGREDIANTS ARE NEARLY COOKED ADD THE DUMPLINS IN AND LEAVE FOR ABOUT 10-15 MINS THEN EVERYTHING SHOULD BE READY TRUST I COOKED SOUP FOR MY OTHER HALF AND HIS SO FUSSY AND THINKS NO ONES IS BETTER THEN HIS MUMS AND HE LOVED IT I GAVE IT TO MY GIRLS AND THEY COULDNT BELIEVED I COOKED HOPE THIS HELPED IM SO TIERD HOPE IT MAKES SENCE XXX:D:);):cool:

Sounds great. I will make that this weekend and let you know how I get on. Thanks. I made some beef patties for his mum and she was impressed ha ha. I got that levi roots cook book its fantastic!!

my best is saltfish patie is that levi roots book good never knew he had one just keep practicing and then it will be perfect xxx

Back