Grated Celeriac - Help please !!!!

poppyowner

Silver Member
Hi all

I recently got a MASSIVE 4000g tin of D'Aucy Lightly Vinegared Grated Celeriac for 1p (YES 1p !!!) off a food site I shop on (Welcome to Approved Food | The biggest online seller of clearance food and drinks) and now don't know what to use it for - LOL

It is synfree as basically ingredients are Celeriac, Water, Vinegar and Salt.

No idea what it tastes like...... ANY TIPS FOR HOW TO USE SOME OF THIS? Do I cook it or eat it cold? No info on tin apart from ingredients...

HELP - it is a MASSIVE tin !!!!!!

By the way - do check out the site - they do great deals as sell stuff near to best before dates or just gone past, they never sell stuff dated after Use by date though. They still have these tins of Celeriac by the way for 1p if you want some! LOL

Today I just put in an order and have coming 12 packs of Ryvita Dark Rye (4 slices as HE B) for £1.99 !!! A 12pk of mini tubs of Ambrosia Low Fat Custard for 99p and some other stuff for the kids and Dean.

Any tips re. the Celeriac gratefully received.....

Jill

1p !?!?!?!?!?!?

Ha best find some recipes!!

What about looking on Britmums site & serch by ingredient?

Or can you put it in salads & soups??

i would suggest you drain it and cut it up and make soup with it, it is nice with carrot and swede xx. good luck x;)

bargain! Celeriac is goooooood :D mild celery flavour. earthy.

celeriac remoulade is a very 'famous' use for it - essentially think of it as a coleslaw. You will need to adapt a recipe, but I would be thinking fromage frais, lemon juice, mustard powder, that sort of thing.

I use fresh celeriac 50/50 with potato for mash - that's good - I'm sure you could do something similar with your grated celeriac.

Maybe a rosti?

... or soup of course ;)

....with 4kg, you could do all of these! lol!

Back