Greedyguts1980 2012 Weightloss Diary

greedyguts1980

Silver Member
Hi :)

I have been trying to diet for years and have finally got the incentive I need to be successful this time!!

I'm 31, 5ft 6.5ins, and my start weight was 15 stone 3lbs on 27/12/2011. The heaviest I have ever been. I got weighed that day in Kendal as it was the 1st day of my holiday in the Lakes.

I haven't always been fat/heavy. Up until the age of 27 I was around 11 stone and a size 14. Not very active. I had a relationship breakdown, moved to a new place on my own, got a part time job in a bar and my party lifestyle started. For 2 years I ate out, partied all weekend, ate takeaways, had the depo injection. Ultimately gained 4 stone!!

I moved back home to my parents house to turn my life around. Got a new temporary job where I met my fella.

My fella also loves food as much as me but we're also quite active!! Anyway, over the last 3 years we have managed to maintain our weight.

Just before New Year, my OH proposed to me :D happiest day of my life!!!!

This has given me a new outlook on life. We are now following SW and exercising more!! I have signed up for Great North Run and Blaydon Race to keep me motivated.

Enough about me (i can hear snoring)...

My weightloss journey so far:

27/12/11: 15 st 3 lbs
03/01/12: 15 st 0.5 lb (-2.5)
10/01/12: 14 st 12 lbs (-2.5) * week
17/01/12: 14 st 10 lbs (-2)
23/01/12: 14 st 9 lbs (-1)
31/01/12: 14 st 8.5 lbs (-0.5)
07/02/12: 14 st 9 lbs (+0.5) * week

I have handed in 6 body magic fit logs. I am working towards my gold award. It will keep me motivated!!

Everytime I look at my engagement ring I picture myself in a gorgeous wedding dress on a beach in Cuba :) its worth all the hard work!!

I suppose a Target for me would be a size 12. Not sure what weight that will be but that's where I'm headed.

This weeks weigh in could go either way. Last week I was injured hence the small gain.

Cheers for reading
Sarah xxx

Last edited:
Hi there!!!
You started the same day as me :) it was one of those now or never moments and despite a gain last week I have still lost 12.5lbs in 6 weeks and am loving the diet!!

You're doing so well so far and it sounds like you have good motivation thinking about your wedding, my motivation is my holiday in September, well that's when I would like to get to goal... My motivation is just to be fitter and healthier and to get back into my skinny jeans xx

I hope you love cooking as this diet really teaches you to get the most from food.

Oooooooooh and what day do you WI? Is it still a Thursday x?x

WI is Tuesday 6pm :)

Where u off on holiday? Jealous muchly! I'm saving for my own wedding and by brothers wedding in April 2014 in Jamaica so no hols til 2014!!

I love cooking :) I batch cook once a month. Just wrote a list of recipes down that I fancy trying.

12.5lbs is fab!!!! Keep it up xxxxx

Ahhh the joys of batch cooking :) x

My holiday is a 2week all inclusive in Egypt with other half :)

I've not been on hol for a bit so very excited :) xx 2014 will come in no time and sounds like it will be worth the wait xx

It saves us so much time during the week after work :)

Never been to Egypt but heard lots of good stuff about it :) keep trying your bikini on!!

greedyguts1980 said:
Hi :)

I have been trying to diet for years and have finally got the incentive I need to be successful this time!!

I'm 31, 5ft 6.5ins, and my start weight was 15 stone 3lbs on 27/12/2011. The heaviest I have ever been. I got weighed that day in Kendal as it was the 1st day of my holiday in the Lakes.

I haven't always been fat/heavy. Up until the age of 27 I was around 11 stone and a size 14. Not very active. I had a relationship breakdown, moved to a new place on my own, got a part time job in a bar and my party lifestyle started. For 2 years I ate out, partied all weekend, ate takeaways, had the depo injection. Ultimately gained 4 stone!!

I moved back home to my parents house to turn my life around. Got a new temporary job where I met my fella.

My fella also loves food as much as me but we're also quite active!! Anyway, over the last 3 years we have managed to maintain our weight.

Just before New Year, my OH proposed to me :D happiest day of my life!!!!

This has given me a new outlook on life. We are now following SW and exercising more!! I have signed up for Great North Run and Blaydon Race to keep me motivated.

Enough about me (i can hear snoring)...

My weightloss journey so far:

27/12/11: 15 st 3 lbs
03/01/12: 15 st 0.5 lb (-2.5)
10/01/12: 14 st 12 lbs (-2.5) * week
17/01/12: 14 st 10 lbs (-2)
23/01/12: 14 st 9 lbs (-1)
31/01/12: 14 st 8.5 lbs (-0.5)
07/02/12: 14 st 9 lbs (+0.5) * week

I have handed in 6 body magic fit logs. I am working towards my gold award. It will keep me motivated!!

Everytime I look at my engagement ring I picture myself in a gorgeous wedding dress on a beach in Cuba :) its worth all the hard work!!

I suppose a Target for me would be a size 12. Not sure what weight that will be but that's where I'm headed.

This weeks weigh in could go either way. Last week I was injured hence the small gain.

Cheers for reading
Sarah xxx

You're fairly similar to me........
I'm 33, 5' 7", started on 31/12/2011 weighing 15 stone 2 lbs.
I've lost exactly a stone so far :) and I'm loving sw!!! My goal is to become a size 12 again, not been a size 12 since I met my fiancé almost 3 yrs ago!
Well done on you're losses......keep it up!! :)

4lbs off today taking me to 14st 5lbs :) I am buzzing!! Never lost this much before. Need to keep it up :)

Goingtobeskinnysoon: he's lost 13lbs now so we're doing well :)

Happy Valentines Day xxx

Very disappointed in my gain this week although I expected it. Had a very sociable weekend and paid the price!!

3lbs on :-( that's now only 9lbs lost.

Stepped up the exercise and fruit intake to kick start my week!!

Woohoo I lost the 3lbs that I.put on last nite!! For the first time in a long time I haven't nipped to shops after WI and treated myself to summat nice but naughty.

Hope I wake up feeling flat stomached lol xxxw

Silly me forgot to measure myself when I restarted my journey on 27/12/12.

So on 26/1/12 I took my measurements weighing in at 14st 9.

L Upper Arm: 12.5ins
R Upper Arm: 13ins
Upper Chest: 37ins
Bust Line: 41ins
Midriff: 35ins
Waist: 35.5ins
Upper Hips: 42.5ins
Hips: 46.25ins
R Thigh: 30ins
L Thigh: 29.5ins
L Calf: 17ins
R Calf: 17.25ins

It's depressing seeing the figures but its important for me to stay on track should I struggle to lose.

Today, weighing only 4lbs lighter:

L Upper Arm: STS
R Upper Arm: -0.5ins
Upper Chest: -1ins
Bust Line: -1.25ins
Midriff: -1.5ins
Waist: -1.25ins
Upper Hips: -2ins
Hips: -0.75ins
R Thigh: -1.5ins
L Thigh: -1.25ins
L Calf: +0.25ins
R Calf: +0.25ins

Pretty pleased with my losses. Can only think the increase on my calves is due to running more often, increasing mileage and daily gym sessions. Not bad eh?

Weighed 2lbs lighter on Tuesday giving me a 1 stone shiny :)

I lost 2lbs this week. That's a total of 16lbs :) xxx

Had a very bad week!! Started with taster nite last week and haven't been right since!! For the first time this year I have thrown a last min "holiday" in and skipping group. If only I was focussed yesterday and today I could've clawed it back with exercise but stupid lazy me hasn't bothered. I usually exercise about 6 times a week but not this week. I was off yesterday too so no excuse!! My work colleague brought in "ket" from the old fashioned sweet shop today and I had my fair share of that!!

Will draw a line under this week and start from scratch tmrw!! I know I can do it as I have lost 16lbs so far this year!! Just a blip...

Happy Easter everyone!! Hope the Easter eggs aren't terrorizing you guys :)

Well I've been off the radar for a few weeks but after choosing my honeymoon destination I now realise I cannot be the beaches whale on the gorgeous white sands and clear waters of Cuba!!

The running has commenced :) the last couple of weeks I have put on 3.5lbs and I'm now back under a stone loss.

To be fair I haven't been on plan for a few weeks as we're going thru a skint spell. Off to York for the weekend next week for a hen do so that has skinted us big style.

All for a good cause tho. I need to have a good week OR ELSE!!

Please kick me up the butt!!

My partners cousin has lost 48lbs and is getting into size 10 dresses (start weight 16st 10lbs). The mother in law is singing her praises like nobody's business!! She's doing great :) yet the MIL hasn't even suggested I look like I've lost anything.

Nevermind, she's an ugly old battleaxe!!

Today, weighing only 3.5lbs lighter:

L Upper Arm: STS
R Upper Arm: STS
Upper Chest: -0.75ins
Bust Line: -0.75ins
Midriff: -0.25ins
Waist: -1.75ins
Upper Hips: -1.25ins
Hips: -1.75ins
R Thigh: -0.75ins
L Thigh: -0.75ins
L Calf: -0.75ins
R Calf: -0.75ins

Disappointed in the slow weight loss but happy with the inch loss. Lifes too short to concentrate on Numbers!!

Back