Green Days Green and Red Days

Hi guys,

I've been to my first meeting this evening. I weighed 4lbs more than usual but I am hoping this is due to weighing in the evening rather than the morning and also wearing clothes/shoes.

Anyway the consultant told me not to bother with red or green days as people don't tend to lose and instead to do extra easy. Now I have read the book and on red and green there are extra healthy extras. The only meat I am having tomorrow is tuna. Which is a healthy extra on a green day.
So it makes sense to have a green day.

Why did she tell me not to bother with it? Is there a low success rate? I dont eat much meat so I thought green would suit me better.

Plus she also told me that exercise won't help me lose weight. As I told her I have lost a lost of weight this year as I've increased my exercise.

Then she said I don't need to lose any weight and I'm fine as I am.
I'm bmi 24.9. It's personal preference that I want to lose. I want to be size 12.

I'm a bit disappointed by the whole experience.

She doesn't sound very motivational at all to be honest, does she not want your business? My consultant would be happy to have someone like you, everyone is welcome in our group whether they have 7lbs to loose or 7 stone.

Red and green days work just as well as ee, all 3 plans work. I can understand saying do ee until you get your head round it and then try red and green if you want, but I don't understand saying they don't work :/

As for the exercise, you don't need to exercise on sw, but they do encourage it, I can't believe your consultant suggested not doing it. That's crazy!

Is there another group you could go to in your area?

Thinking the same thing. I think if thats your first meeting I would be inclined to try to find another group. Never heard such nonsense! I have only ever done red and green and lost 2 stone in 5 months! And I was more than happy with that. If people didnt lose on those plans then S W would stop putting them into their literature. Makes me cross that attitude to be honest and could put a lot of people off doing S W and therefore missing out on such a good weigh loss plan. As for exercise, yes I am a bit of an exercise slob, but body magic does tone you up and help in the losing journey! Sorry rant over, just cross with that attitude. And I am still doing red and green every day and been at target for 12 months. IT DOES WORK :)

At one time, not that long ago, there were only the red and green plans. They worked. Nothing has changed the basic principles on which those plans worked, but they came up with an alternative - Extra Easy - because some people found red and green too restrictive.

All the plans work. If they didn't, why would they be in the book?

And if exercise wasn't good for you, why would SW have its "Body Magic"?

It is a bit worrying that your consultant should talk such nonsense!

Hi,

Thanks guys! I have planned a green day. To be honest it seemed quite clicky. A group of people who have obviously been going a while all sat together and it felt a bit like they were the only ones she wanted to talk to. I don't understand it really as it is her job and business. So she must be driving people away. I was the only new starter.

Anyway...I am not going to let it stop me. Really excited to start and I have lots of cooking ideas.
There is another group I can go to, but its a bit of a drive. I think I can do it without group support to be honest. I may go to group next week incase I have any questions. Then think about doing it alone.

Here's a different spin on things.....

The reason she told you not to bother with red and green is because SW want Extra Easy to be the main plan. They want all new starters to follow EE to get used to the plans and whilst red and green are there, they are not promoted as much as EE. Even vegetarians are pushed towards EE. She's doing her job and doing as SW have told her to do.

As for exercise, it won't make the weight drop off you, so again she is right. So many people at group and on here comment on how they have exercised 5 times that week and lost a pound, people expect a lot more weight loss and it doesn't always happen. She didn't tell you not to exercise, she told you it won't help. It tends not to.....but it is good for you and there are Body Magic awards. It isn't really "pushed" though as SW don't want to force people to exercise.

Telling you you don't need to lose weight is not good though!!! Although you have a healthy BMI, perhaps that is where she was coming from?

As for "clicky", is it not only natural that people who have been going a while sit together and talk to each other? We all started once, most of us not knowing anyone. The consultant needs to get to know you, as well as you getting to know her and the group.

I think you need to give it a bit more of a chance than leaving that group after one week.

Here's a different spin on things.....

The reason she told you not to bother with red and green is because SW want Extra Easy to be the main plan. They want all new starters to follow EE to get used to the plans and whilst red and green are there, they are not promoted as much as EE. Even vegetarians are pushed towards EE. She's doing her job and doing as SW have told her to do.

As for exercise, it won't make the weight drop off you, so again she is right. So many people at group and on here comment on how they have exercised 5 times that week and lost a pound, people expect a lot more weight loss and it doesn't always happen. She didn't tell you not to exercise, she told you it won't help. It tends not to.....but it is good for you and there are Body Magic awards. It isn't really "pushed" though as SW don't want to force people to exercise.

Telling you you don't need to lose weight is not good though!!! Although you have a healthy BMI, perhaps that is where she was coming from?

As for "clicky", is it not only natural that people who have been going a while sit together and talk to each other? We all started once, most of us not knowing anyone. The consultant needs to get to know you, as well as you getting to know her and the group.

I think you need to give it a bit more of a chance than leaving that group after one week.

I know a lot of consultants do that but I spoke to my consultant about the pushing veggies towards ee and they didn't understand why you would. They def ask about veggies and if you are they tell you about green. They explain ee to new starters if they're not veggies but they never tell people not to follow green or red, its a personal choice.

I don't think it was the advice that was given that I have a problem with, as if she'd put it like you did then that's fine, but from what the original poster said that's not what was said, telling someone not to do them because they won't work is wrong. Also maybe I'm wrong but after the way she was told about red and green and also about not having to loose weight I also assume that when she was told exercise won't help that she was told this as in ''well don't bother with it, it won't work'' slimming world do push body magic so consultants should be suggesting you do it, again my consultant does say that body magic will help but maybe not straight away due to water retention ect.

But we don't know how it was said by the consultant or how it was interpreted by the OP.....I was offering a different spin on things.

Yeah I can see that, but as it was interpreted by the OP it wasn't very good, so at the very least if the consultant was trying to put across what you said she needs to re-think how she words things or puts things across. You managed to put it across very well over the internet, which is very hard as people can't tell tone or anything.

my leader talked more extra easy, but went through the red and green, and will answer anything we ask about it. Im working towards my body magic and she is encouraging me so much with it, but if she was like that i think i would really look for another group.

The exercise for me is a given. I do an hour 5 days a week. It helps with a medical condition. I do lots of running and classes. But she said it won't help with weightloss. Now that opinion is fine. I understand when we exercise more we use more calories and tend to eat extra to help that. But I don't think exercise should be viewed in a negative way as the health benefits of exercise are fantastic and whether it helps to lose or not it isn't going to harm. I don't think I took what she said the wrong way I think she actually thought exercise was negative. And in MY opinion exercise aids weight loss.

The red an green thing I understand. I just thought if it doesn't work then why is it in the book? But if SW are promoting EE then that makes sense.

I hope I never offended anyone with this post. I have never been in a weightloss group environment. Maybe I thought it would be different?

Hi there losslossloss, I agree with everything you say, but if she actually said that red and green dont work, then its just not true even if S W are promoting ee, which they do. You are quite right in questioning why it should then be in the book!I dont think you have offended anyone, certainly not me, it is interesting to see different interpretations of things. I am a member of the social team and always go and sit with the new members to help them feel a little less on their own. You will probably find if you go again things will be a little better. Especially if you stay to IT and get to know people. But just to reiterate yet again, red and green plans do work! You will soon get your head round things and we are all here to help. Hers to a fab week ahead and a wonderful loss for you! :)

Back