Green - couldn't do it

crimson_noir

I was trying to have a green day today but it all fell massively apart at lunch when I had a chicken sandwich (already had a hex a and b) I thought ooh an extra b to spend on bread but am so used to eating anything on the EE I forgot the chicken was not free!!
So my question is how do people manage to stick to a green or a red day (I think I may just stick to EE but am curious).
Today is totally blown but I will syn it all up later to see my damage - wont be to bad is first day of the week.

Hey,

I just do red and green days the whole EE thing just doesn't seem to work for me at all.

I'm sure on a green day you can have a limited amount of Chicken as a hexb - i'm sure you haven't blown it as badly as you think!! What else have you had today? Could you not change it to a Red since you have had the chicken?

K xx

I can't seem to get my head around the EE plan yet - i do want to try it to see if it works, but just can't "understand it" when i am used to doing green and red days.....anywhoo..
On green i have my HEb and HEa for breakfast and then tend to avoid using HE's at lunch - so have pasta with tomatoes/veg etc. Or have a salad with jacket potato and boiled eggs. then it means i can have a small amount of chicken or whatever with my dinner....i find that works for me.
I only have a few red days - i always feel hungry on red days! I guess i am just not that big of a meat eater!

I have only had red days for 2-3 weeks. Lost good amounts first 2 weeks. But 0.5lb this week. So, I am on a green day today. I have only used 1 hex a today (babybel melted in pasta). I have saved a hex b to put chicken in my stir fry....then will have a bowl of cereal in the evening as a snack. Aslong as you keep in mind what day you are on, red or green is easy. I am a SW veteran, so red and green comes naturally to me. EE is more of a challenge as it seems wrong, but is so right lol

Just try to work out how much chicken you had and work it in as a hex b. Then syn the left over amount :)

Well I would have had 3 x Hex B and 2 x hex A plus some syns for a bag of crisps! I guess it's just because I am used to doing the EE I have just got excited by the idea of having extra Hex's.

the main way i look at it is this, red day no carbs (potatos pasta rice) green day no meat (chicken lol) plan out your meals and try some of the substitutes all i do is green days and iu started using quorn and i prefer it to meat now my disgestion is better i have lost loads of weight. you just have to have a little extra will power with it, if you are a meat lover though i wouldn recommend green, i love carbs and i find red days impossible

I'm firmly in the green day camp too!!

Have you started off on EE? If so (and you're enjoying it), why not stick with it?

I'm too scared to try it as like somebody said above - it just seems wrong after years of red OR green!!

Good luck and well done so far x

I tried doing green days for a bit but didn't like it. I just do red, and have the odd green every couple of weeks. I think my mind is so set on red days that I struggle to adapt to green days. As for EE, I wouldn't have a scooby where to start! :D

K xx

I've done red and green for years, but started off on EE this time and love it! Can't be bothered with all the hexs, one of each and the freedom of meat and carbs together is working really well , and there's very little thinking! (that's why it suits me!):rolleyes:

I just started over a week ago and so far have only had green days!

I just LUV carbs, so not having to measure pasta, rice, noodles etc is heaven for me!

plus low fat supernoodles, mugshots, couscous make lunches in work nice and easy :) or i just have leftover dinner or make up some pasta and fire in whatever i have in the fridge and cupboard!

i used to eat quite a lot of meat but converted to quorn about a month ago and absolutely luv it now! the chicken pieces are great to have in the freezer they cook really quick from frozen and are already in bitesize chunks! and i find they make about 4 meals per bag (dinner 4 me and my bf plus enough 4 us both 2 take 2 work for lunch the next day!) once i add my carbs and make up my sauce, at just under 2quid a bag they are a real bargain!

i don't think i could do a red day i would miss carbs too much!

X

I'm firmly in the green day camp too!!

Have you started off on EE? If so (and you're enjoying it), why not stick with it?

I'm too scared to try it as like somebody said above - it just seems wrong after years of red OR green!!

Good luck and well done so far x
Thanks, well ok I was being greedy I wanted an extra Hex B for bread :p but yes I have done 5 weeks of ee and so I should really stick with it or syn in some bread.

I've done red and green for years, but started off on EE this time and love it! Can't be bothered with all the hexs, one of each and the freedom of meat and carbs together is working really well , and there's very little thinking! (that's why it suits me!):rolleyes:

Yes see I like the no thinking too, thats why I got confused - went out for lunch and bought a sandwich to use a HEX B on but bought a chicken one forgetting that chicken was not free on Green!
Ho hum easily done new day tomorrow back on track! Will cut down a few syns this week.

Back