Green day dinner?? (Quick and easy for after SW)

pesty

Fighting the bulge
Hello,

I have been doing SW on my own for 2 weeks and have decided to go to the group with a friend in need for support (and also probably the best place for me to me as my scales are a bit poo)

Im having a green day today (ainsley harriot cous cous 1/2 syn per pack for lunch) but am in need of a quick and easy dinner idea as im leaving work at 5 going straight to my friends at 6, on to slimming world for 7 and wont be home till gone 9.30. I would have cous cous but am having it for lunch :) i normally have red days so dont know what to have. I'll have all HEXs left except 1B for 57g pork in my lunch.

PLEASE HELP!! I dont want anything fussy as i will be going to my OHs after group

Thanks
Pesty

hi there! I love green days!! If I won't something quick I either have pasta with veg and passatta, beans and cheese Jacket potato - or quorn style chicken pieces in a stir fry with soy sauce or chilli and boiled rice made with quorn mince (and lots of beans!) good luck at weigh in! C xx

My really quick green day and I don't have time/can't be bothered to cook option is pasta and pesto sauce! Basically cook a couple of ounces of dried pasta (penne usually for me) and stir in some pesto sauce, although that does have syns in. Sprinkle grated cheese on top (hexA). Serve with salad if I can be bothered, not if I can't! Takes as long as the pasta takes to cook and no effort at all!

Can you set your oven on timer? If you can, stick a potato in the oven and set the timer to come on about 90 mins before you come home. Then add some beans and there you go!
We always have jacket spuds on WI night.

Just a note that your AH cous cous will be half a syn per 100g cooked weight rather than for the whole packet.

Just a note that your AH cous cous will be half a syn per 100g cooked weight rather than for the whole packet.

I dont suppose you'd know how much this is if the pack is 100g uncooked and all you add is 160ml boiling water how many syns this would be?

I dont have scales on me and have it for my lunch :)

Thank you for the heads up - i may have seriously over synned in the near future as its very yummy!!

Oops.....thank you for this Circes, I'm afraid I've been counting ½ a syn for the whole packet - so I won't be making that mistake again, thanks to you.

I usually have tuna (in springwater - whole tin is a HEb) mixed with pasta, sweetcorn, 4 tbsp extra low fat mayo (2 syns) as it can be made before I leave for WI and just kept in the fridge until I want it.

Good luck for tonight :)

I dont suppose you'd know how much this is if the pack is 100g uncooked and all you add is 160ml boiling water how many syns this would be?

I dont have scales on me and have it for my lunch :)

Thank you for the heads up - i may have seriously over synned in the near future as its very yummy!!

I think someone said the packet would make 250g cooked weight so not huge in syns.

Dont forget Hun that you will weigh heavier after having eaten a jacket potato or anything similar before weigh in.

Dont forget Hun that you will weigh heavier after having eaten a jacket potato or anything similar before weigh in.

Thank you - im going to eat after WI when i get to my OHs. Normally i prepare food early and have a red day but ive really started to enjoy green with the discovery of quorn - also it was a bit of a last minute decision to go back to group so i didnt really have a chance to think about it!

I usually have tuna (in springwater - whole tin is a HEb) mixed with pasta, sweetcorn, 4 tbsp extra low fat mayo (2 syns) as it can be made before I leave for WI and just kept in the fridge until I want it.

Good luck for tonight :)

Thanks for the suggestion - congratulations on your loss!! your signature looks amazing!! :)

Back