Green Day Meals?

Hi again,

Could somebody please give me a few meal plans for a green day? This week i've only had two, one of them i made cottage pie with quorn and the other i had a jacket potato with salad. I don't see my o/h eating the same stuff every week so need to find something different. I only have 7 weeks until i go on holiday so i really want to get stuck in and eat the best 'weight loss' foods possible if you know what i mean.

Thank you
Claire x

Hi Claire
How about pasta with veg and low fat soft cheese melted in.?
Or cous cous salad.?
Or potato skins with mushrooms and cheese (HEA)and garlic dip.?
Hmmmmm or what about a great big fry up with Quorn sausages or low fat sausages(syned) and eggs, tomatoes, beans, eggy bread.?, mushrooms.
Spag Bol made with Quorn mince.?
Quorn fillet (syned), lots of mash potatoes and beans.
Vegetable stir fry with noodles.
Quorn Chilli con carne with wedges.
Slimming World Chips and beans and fried egg.

Thanks Debbie. If i made the spag bol do i make the sauce with tinned tomatoes? The soft cheese, is that like philadelphia light? x

Hi Claire
When I make it, I use passatta because I just prefer it, but its also free.
And yes on a Green Day you can have Philly as a HEB.
85g of EXTRA Lite
and 57g or Lite.
You can also syn it, Extra Lite is 1.5 syns per 28g. And the lite is 2 syns per 28g.
(I think thats right lol) :rolleyes:

Quorn curry is nice. Boil your rice, cook the quorn and mix it with spices (curry powder, paprika etc) and a tin of chopped tomatos and chopped peppers. Delish.

That sounds lovely, and my fella would love it. He had the quorn cottage pie i made the other night and said it didn't taste any different and he really enjoyed it so would think he'd enjoy the curry too x

Mushroom Risotto is a new favourite of mine, free on green and its DEEELISH and very filling!

Mushroom Risotto

1 mug of Arboria Risotto Rice
mushrooms (i just use regular closed cap ones, but posh ones would be lovely)
frylite
onion / shallots
2 cloves garlic
veg stock or dry mushroom soup mix
salt and pepper
chives (if desired)

Finely chop onion and garlic and soften in fry lite.
Roughly chop mushrooms (smaller is better, but whatever texture you like) and add to softened onion and garlic.
Cook for a couple of minutes then add rice and mix together, fry for a couple more minutes, keep stiring.
(At this point if using dry mushroom mix add about a tablespoon and mix)
Add 1 mug of veg stock or boiling water and stir constantly until it is all absorbed
Add 1 more mug of boiling water or stock slowly (like a 1/3 at a time) and keep stiring until it is all absorbed before adding the next bit (hope that makes sense).
Add salt and pepper (and chives) to taste.

Should take about 20 minutes in total for the rice to cook.
Serve immediately.
If you want cheese, use a HEA to keep it syn free. Stir in just before serving.
Enjoy

Thank you Stacey these are very useful sites.

Sarah-Jayne love the sound of your curry.

Mmm i have to say i LOVE risotto but i use basmati rice as i dont like the texture of arbario rice ... i use boullion to as my stock god i love that stuff! .. somtimes i make it up and stuff them into peppers and bake in the oven mmmmmmmmmm

Back