Green Day Snack

pesty

Fighting the bulge
Hello,

Please can i have some ideas of a green day snack?

I've had cous cous for my lunch and 1 HEX B. I normally do red days and would pick at chicken but i dont really know what to pick at on a green day!! I have no microwave at work so it will have to be a 'ready food' but i dont want fruit!

Thanks in advance

xx

mugshots, fruit packs, not sure what else to suggest - babybels if you have not used your HEA? i think 3 Babybel lights are one HEA!

x

Low fat supernoodles are free too, or any supernoodles without the sauce and powder stuff.

mugshots, fruit packs, not sure what else to suggest - babybels if you have not used your HEA? i think 3 Babybel lights are one HEA!

x

Thank you - what is a mug shot?

Is it possible to cook these without a microwave as im at work?
You can get Low fat suppernoodles to go, where they are just in a pot and you add boiling water. I made the mistake of getting teh non low fat ones last week - was annoyed as I had syns by eating something I don't really like :mad:

Are you happy to have something cold? I often buy tubs of VLF cottage cheese and eat that along with some cherry tomatoes. Or you could have some 0% fat Greek yoghurt with grapes.

As you have 1 b choice and some A's to use, how about Ryvita and babybels?

This is just what I do but I always try to snack on fruit, veg or yoghurt, no matter what days I'm doing.

Personally I think if you need to snack on supernoodles or mug shots then you should be having more for your meals so you don't get so hungry inbetween. I know you don't want fruit but how about carrot sticks dunked into cottage cheese? Or rather than eat a banana or apple, how about a mixed fruit salad with some yoghurt?

A boiled egg helps stave off the hunger or make some tortilla strips instead. You could take some cold pasta or rice salad into work. I sometimes save a hex B and then weigh out 28gms of crunchy oatbakes to nibble on.

Thanks for all the great replies!! In the end i got a muller light yoghurt - but forgot the spoon haha!! I got a banana and some grapes to munch on later if i get hungry and some laughing cow extra light triangles as they didnt have babybels :) which i can have 6 of as a HEX!! woohoo!!

Im thinking of bringing some bovril into work to drink as im missing hot chocolate! - i may have to try these mug shots!!

Ryvita's were a great idea i wish id seen it before i went!! I may have to pop back out again :)

Thanks again everyone i really apprechiate it!!

A boiled egg helps stave off the hunger or make some tortilla strips instead. You could take some cold pasta or rice salad into work. I sometimes save a hex B and then weigh out 28gms of crunchy oatbakes to nibble on.

I love boiled eggs!! I should bring one with me what a good idea!!

I bought some cous cous and HEX pork in for lunch but i ate this at 11 because it looked so tasty! Hense why in snacking now :rolleyes:

Is it possible to cook these without a microwave as im at work?

Yeah it is - I always keep some at work, you add 1/2 a pint of boiling water & microwave for about 6 mins until most of the water has been absorbed, mug shots are good too but be careful you only buy the syn free variety, Sweet & Sour & tomato & herb pasta are free, not sure what other flavours, Sainsbury's do a tinned vegetable chilli which is also free on a green day & is really tasty, the Quorn cocktail sausages from the chilled section are free too & they are good to pick at all day

Yeah it is - I always keep some at work, you add 1/2 a pint of boiling water & microwave for about 6 mins until most of the water has been absorbed, mug shots are good too but be careful you only buy the syn free variety, Sweet & Sour & tomato & herb pasta are free, not sure what other flavours, Sainsbury's do a tinned vegetable chilli which is also free on a green day & is really tasty, the Quorn cocktail sausages from the chilled section are free too & they are good to pick at all day

She wont be able to have the noodles, as she's not got a microwave at work :D. xx

Make a SW quiche! Kept in the fridge, I find it keeps well. It's lovely cold. No fussing on the morning, just cut a slice and I'm away lol. I always carry fruit about me too. Other days I like mugshots, or sometimes I cook some pasta and mix in peppers and onions, some passata and herbs. Yum yum.
Ooh another idea - Alpen Light cereal bars, 2 count as a HEb or they're 3 syns each. The choc and fudge one is lovely with a cuppa!

Quorn slices roast beef or ham or chicken and a seletion of gerkins/onions etc, really lovely and tasty , and all free.

Make a SW quiche! Kept in the fridge, I find it keeps well. It's lovely cold. No fussing on the morning, just cut a slice and I'm away lol. I always carry fruit about me too. Other days I like mugshots, or sometimes I cook some pasta and mix in peppers and onions, some passata and herbs. Yum yum.
Ooh another idea - Alpen Light cereal bars, 2 count as a HEb or they're 3 syns each. The choc and fudge one is lovely with a cuppa!

I love the SW quiche!! I hate pastry so this works well for me, Ive never had it cold so will have to try it - thanks :)

"Quorn cocktail sausages from the chilled section are free too "

'fraid not...
Quorn Cocktail Sausages, 250g pack, chilled 2 sausages[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I'm sure they used to be, though.

Back