Green Day Vs Red Day!

Rogue

Hi All

I was wondering whether people found they lost more having red/original or green days or alternatinating throughout the week!

I seem to be more successful when I have mostly red/original days so I tend to use the green days for when I'm craving carbs or feel like I'm going to have a 'hungry' day! Then a baked potato & Baked Beans is also involved!

How else do people decide which day they will be on?

Also, I find that having a red/original day - the day before and the day of weigh-in definitely helps!!

red all the way for me x

Thanks - In my group there are quite a few people who solely eat from the green plan and have great losses too - so it must different for everyone!

I aim to try an all green week soon and see how I get on - although I'm a bit nervous about the thought of it!

i tend to do best on red/original days, i love meat and can have loads, i love pasta too but no matter what i have on a green day i still don't tend to be full so i stick mainly to red!

Thanks - In my group there are quite a few people who solely eat from the green plan and have great losses too - so it must different for everyone!

I aim to try an all green week soon and see how I get on - although I'm a bit nervous about the thought of it!

why are you worried?

I'm a bit worried 'cause I also seem to feel so full when I follow the green plan.

One of the reasons why I choose SW rather than any other plan is that I love food & eating and I graze constantly throughout the day - which on the green plan is munching on cold new potatoes all day!

Even though I know SW works - I still can't really understand how I eat so much and so often and have been so sucessful!

I'd like to get my next award (3 and 1/2 stone) and then I think I'll try an all green week - watch this space!

I do only green too, as Veggie.......

this is what slimming world site says:

The energy density of a food can be summed up as the amount of calories given off by a specific weight of food. Proteins and complex carbohydrates give off less than half the calories supplied by fats. This, combined with their great satiating properties, produce a synergistic effect that makes make proteins and complex carbohydrates amazing beneficial to a slimmer.

Even though Food Optimising naturally lowers your calorie intake, you will never need to count, calculate or compute a single calorie value. Uniquely, Food Optimising takes into consideration not just the calorific value of the food but how well it satisfies our appetite too.
Satiation is the term used to describe the satisfying qualities of a food. Foods that are highly satiating make you feel fuller quicker, at the time of eating.
Satiety describes the lasting effects of satiation, in other words, foods with a high satiety are those foods that stave off hunger for the longest.
In 1996, research sponsored by Slimming World at the Rowett Institute in Aberdeen, Scotland, found that there was a hierarchy within the macro-nutrients (proteins, carbohydrates and fats). Proteins and (complex) carbohydrates were found to have much greater satiation and satiety than fats. Foods rich in these nutrients satisfy hunger and suppress appetite in the most effective way.
Forget putting your life and your health at risk with invasive surgery like stomach stapling; forget drugs that interfere with your body and your minds natural, healthy functions. This completely natural and completely effective way to suppress appetite works – 100%!

Im a green day - I have sum meat a HE but mainly green - have the odd red day.. actually may have 1 tomm now...

xx

I prefer Green days definately, and find i lost more on those when i did SW before.

This time I did red for a week because I was told you lose more on red, but i only lost 1lb - did green the following week and lost 3lb.

I'm a green girl! But I do try and do 2 red days before weigh in and usually do green on the day I weigh because I always have Batchelor's Pasta & Sauce for dinner as I don't get home til late!

I always worry about what to snack on at end up eating tons of crab sticks that make me feel ill.... I do prefer red days, but I think I need to be a bit more adventurous with snacks and stuff.

I prefer Green days definately, and find i lost more on those when i did SW before.

This time I did red for a week because I was told you lose more on red, but i only lost 1lb - did green the following week and lost 3lb.
I am exactly the same. I tried red days but I was too hungry on them as I don't like a lot of meat and my losses were crap on them. I only do greens now unless I have an event like a bbq where I will eat loads of meat

I do find the green days better for making me feel full.

I have found my weight loss quite slow though considering the amount I have to lose.

I seem to have come to a standstill for the last few days.

I'd like to get my next award (3 and 1/2 stone) and then I think I'll try an all green week - watch this space!

Don't put pressure on yourself to do a whole week hun, why not just try a few days?

Thanks Louise24 - I am still enjoying having mostly red days so I may decide to have a mostly green week and see how I get on first.

Thinking about it today - I think I seem to have more success with mostly red weeks since when I'm on green, I snack more on food that's free on green (pasta, potatatoes, cous cous) and when I'm on red, I snack more on super free food like yoghurts and fruit! My favourite free yogurt at the mo is Weight Watchers Thick & Fruity Prune Yogurt!

I do find the green days better for making me feel full.

I have found my weight loss quite slow though considering the amount I have to lose.

I seem to have come to a standstill for the last few days.
Are you weighing yourself everyday? If you are don't take any notice if the scales aren't moving cus you will fluctuate loads throughout the week. Stick to the weekly WI. Try a whole week of greens now rather than waiting as they may be best for you

Back