• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Green Days Green days and sausages?

S: 11st12.5lb C: 11st6lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 0st6.5lb(3.9%)
Hi guys,

I was wondering, if I were to have a green day, could I have sausages as long as I syn them?

For example, I have two sausages that are worth 1/2 a syn each, so 1 syn, on a green day.

Does the meat count or does the syn value cover me?

Thanks in advance!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

JemmaBe

Silver Member
If you are doing a green day, look carefully at the syn value of the sausages. You need to take the syn value for the correct day, which is probably be higher than 1/2 syn for meat sausages on a green day.

If you are doing Extra Easy you take the lowest value, but doing red/green you must take the appropriate syn value.

I knew I would be doing something wrong! Thanks!

Weight Watchers Premium Thick Pork Sausages, 6 pack, chilled 67g each

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original ½ Syn Green 4 Syns

These are the ones :) Same syn value. I wish I lived near a Morrisons; their range sounds great!

Karen

Serial Foodie!
S: 19st7lb C: 18st2lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 49.6 Loss: 1st5lb(6.96%)
they'd still have a syn value on green days as they are meat and aren't considered viable for a HEX B.

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
G: 10st10lb
That's a good point, because the mail order sausages 'Joes Sausages' state that they are syn free (and have a SW certificate with every order) AND ARE VERY YUMMY BTW!!! But this would only refer to EE and red, so I don't know what they'd be on green!! Hadn't thought about it- how annoying!!X

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
S: 14st7lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st12lb BMI: 22.4 Loss: 3st9lb(25.12%)
I read online that Joes sausages could be a HEXB on green days:confused:

ETA: I don't do green days, so I haven't spoiled my week or anything, but guess I've learned you shouldn't always believe everything you read, even if it WAS a SW thread on another forum....sigh

ETA2: I wasn't cheating on MM;) Was searching for something.

Last edited:

Lucky7

Gold Member
S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I'd take Joes sausages as whatever that weight of that meat would be on a Green day (and if you're allowed that amount of it as a HEx B, then would not feel guilty doing that at all).

Ok, so I think for ease, I'll keep my green days meat free :) I just want more HEX's!!! Chocolate and Orange Hi-fi bars and Weetabix minis are fab! And SS milk and reduced fat cheese!