green days or red days? Which one is better for weight loss?

foi1983

Hello everyone.

I started SW yesterday and have had 2 red days so far. I forgot to take some meat out of the freezer so I wanted to have a green day tomorrow. I have some potatoes but to me honest I am really scared.

I am so scared of having too many carbs and it affecting my weight loss.

Can people tell me their experiences with green days? How many do you have a week? Does it slow down/speed up your weight loss?

Thanks

I personally prefer green days as i like to fill up ..dont be scared to try it as it does work ..maybe better for some than others but the secret is to eat plenty of free foods ..good luck x

Erm for nearly a year I done majority green days and lost 4 stone I then changed to red days to boost it and that wkd too! Erm and now Im doing EE - how very helpful I was LOL

Erm they work hun... don be scared but ppl either like em or they dont so you gotta try adn see if they work for you huni?
xxx

hahaha that was very helpful honey xx have you spotted lou yet?? bit worried its not like her to go missing ?

They work. For me, they work equally to red days or maybe a little better.

Some people say do a red day before weigh in and it will boost your loss, but I'm not sure. Both of them work equally for me and most hardcore SW-ers at my group do mostly green days and have good losses.

Good luck with it all!

Im a great help eh! I have all these things going thru my head then just lose the plot!

But try a few green days thats teh only way you will know if works for you! x

Thanks everyone.

Will have some wedges with 2 quorn burgers and baked beans for lunch. Yummy!

Oh yh the wedges are legend!x

can anyone please help? has anyone got any old or un used slimming world books they dont need or use anymore, im on a free diet plan on the sw website and i cant afford to join yet or buy any off ebay?i really dont know what the hell im doing and to be honest im not liking the free diet trial on the sw website.

Membership is half price at the moment so it will only cost you £9:50 for the first week, plus your leader will go through the plan with you and then you will have a clearer idea of what you are doing..
Plus the Slimming World Magazine has loads of recipes in at the moment... normally my leader sells back issues at a reduced price as well.
You need to get support from your leader before starting this yourself...

I find that if I eat lots of Green Days I bloat and the weight loss slows down.
Everyone is different and Ive known people to stick to all Green Days and loose huge amounts. It really is a little bit of trial and error Hun.
My pattern is to have 2 Green Days and the rest Red at the most and I enjoy that.

Good luck with your journey.

Kerry-Ann

I'm another red day gal. I find that if I do green days, my weight loss slows down, but my whole family doesn't burn carbs off very well and it's been the same with any diet, but that's why SW works better for me because I can cut the carbs right down. I do throw the odd green day in, but I might throw an extra easy day or two in instead of just green.

I think it's trial and error as everyone's body is different.

Good luck

foi1983- hey,
i tried sw for a while, twice! It has good results except i became unstuck with it because i spent most days having green days and got bored when my weight loss slowed. I think any sw leader would tell you that you get the best results if you alternate between both and dont get stuck in a rut of having the same food every day. Personally i found it worked best when i had 3 days green then one day red to boost the loss and have some variety.

good luck!

Back